Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Phillips Bluevision

GALLA_4

Bluevision bulbs look better than standard but will still look yellow compared to HIDs. However they are about as white as you can get with 'e' markings.

Also because they have the blue filter on them to remove much of the yellow light they are probably not as bright as standard bulbs.

Here I've got my own little comparison test on what they look like from inside the car:

HB3 HB4 Bluevision test

In short: They are more blue, but the blue tinge wastes the extra light the Philips Bulb gives, so there's no real advantage except looks. Unless you put in the HB3 (9005) 65W high beam bulbs in the dipped beam fittings, then you get considerably more light, about halfway between standard and HID for 30 quid. :) Here's how to do it.

I've been driving around for a year now with 65W dipped beam bulbs, and although it's as illegal as the HID kits elsewhere on this forum, I can recommend it as it is a big difference for little money.

RX-Men-8

It's really easy, just scrape/file away the notches on the inside of the connector of the bulb. I did it with a snap-blade knife (don't touch the glass and mind your fingers!). The base of an 9005 HB3 bulb is a tad smaller, but I did not need an extra rubber (O) ring, as it fits snugly anyway.

The headlamps should not need to be realigned, as the bulb filament sits at exactly the same place. (You often hear about realignment with some HID kits when the HID bulb is mounted in an extra drilled hole, off-centre of the headlight. Not the Prolex ones, they are also mounted as a standard bulb and should not need realignment)

And as the IS200 headlamp has a little shield in front of the dipped beam it is no problem that the 9005 HB3 bulb has no black tip like the 9006 HB4 bulb.

Cheers,

RX-Men-8

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links