Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Urgent Please Help !

Hello everyone , I need yuor help , I have an IS200 for about a year and have never even heard of this forum until 5 minuttes ago , I lan cyurrently inmy rerlatives house 100 miles from my own home , the problem is that 15 minutes ago the yellow check engine light and the No TRAC light came on , the car feels sluggish , I urgently need to drive home tomorrow nioght hence this appeal for anyone to offer advice urgently , I would like to thank anyone for replying in advance

thank yuo

Ron Quinn

ronquinn,

Welcome to LOC.

I am personally unable to help your question, however I am sure someone will be along shortly who may be able to assist.

Please do not duplicate your question in three (3) different forums.

Regards,

ronquinn,

Welcome to LOC.

I am personally unable to help your question, however I am sure someone will be along shortly who may be able to assist.

Please do not duplicate your question in three (3) different forums.

Regards,

ok , sorry , just panicking here ,

I apologise again , many thanks

Ron

First thing to try is disconnect the Battery for 5 minutes to reset the ECU, see if that clears the lights ....

Have you had any work done on the car recently ? Engine warning light could be the Lambdor sensor.

Are you near to a Lexus dealer to get them to look at any fault codes tomorrow morning - if they are open?

This is the engine management light, Something has or about to go wrong with the engine.

The sluggishness is the limp home mode

Get to lexus dealer ASP using Roadside assistance from whatever motoring organisation you belong to

First thing to try is disconnect the battery for 5 minutes to reset the ECU, see if that clears the lights ....

Have you had any work done on the car recently ? Engine warning light could be the Lambdor sensor.

Are you near to a Lexus dealer to get them to look at any fault codes tomorrow morning - if they are open?

HI ,

THANKS FOR REPLYING, NO - NO WORK DONE AT ALL , IF I DISCONNECT THE Battery AND RESET WILL IT DO ANY HARM ? I.E, WILL THE PROBLEM OCCUR ?

MANY THANKS

RON

There is no need to post the same topic in different forums, TOPICS MERGED !

many thanks

As for your problem, disconnect the Battery for about 30 mins. This hopefully will clear the faults from the ECU.

If the problem persists contact your local Lexus centre asap.

Disconncting your Battery shouldnt do any harm other than resetting your radio and clock etc

Best regards

Chris

i wouldnt worry to much with the check engine lights...........

reset the ecu, and leave the car till tommorow, if they do come on again, you will possibly find that driving will be fine.

i had this problem a couple of years ago, the fault came and went over a few days, in the end it was found the main cat had failed

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links