Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Lexuses in France

After spending 2 weeks in Cannes, I was really surprised at how few Lexus cars there are in France. I only saw one other GS300 the whole time I was there. I did see a handfull of ISs and RXs.

One of the funniest things was that wherever I went, people stared at my GS - my wife started to get really paranoid about it - one guy even stopped us on a crossing so that he could have a look at it.

There was a small Lexus dealership in Cannes, and one in Monaco, so Lexus clearly has a presence out there.

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by Rodders_UK

After spending 2 weeks in Cannes, I was really surprised at how few Lexus cars there are in France. I only saw one other GS300 the whole time I was there. I did see a handfull of ISs and RXs.

One of the funniest things was that wherever I went, people stared at my GS - my wife started to get really paranoid about it - one guy even stopped us on a crossing so that he could have a look at it.

There was a small Lexus dealership in Cannes, and one in Monaco, so Lexus clearly has a presence out there.

Having just driven down to the South of Spain and back via France I concur. I saw one IS in Spain and nothing in France except when nearly back at Calais when the wife pointed out a huge Lexus dealer. The LS got a lot of looks. On a run like that I had hoped for great fuel economy but the aircon really saps it out in those temperatures - or was it the speed on the autoroutes?

I was expecting that one seeing on the forum someone told "I came back safely from France", Yes we have the wordst records of death, but you need to see somethning clear, France is acrossed by Trucks and vehicules from all over Europe, for example in a last report from "sécurité routiére", the worst Euro conductors are the Brits, this report analyse the accidents.

Regarding the numbers of injuries, check the nationality of each one, increasement of number is on June, July, August…

Maybe one day we could make profit of "Ferroutage", putting trucks and heavy vehicules on the train to cross the France.

As Switzerland is doing, ok it's a samller country, but the Ferroutage system is really efficient.

Remember the Mont Blanc tunnel incident, the truck driver was from Belgium.

It's kinf of funny, because if you compare with your roads, laws, etc etc , you're maybe the best in Europe, but it's very risky to speed in UK.

Talking about security, it's always the same, whan I drive on a Highway without traffic at 200km/h, there isn't in absolutely danger, now when a guy is at 10meter form your rear bumper at 130km/h, this driver is a murder. We can open a forum on the driving security.

For another part, we're always having a special interest of driving fast, check a french Highway, almost everyone is cruising around 150160km/h…when the speed limit is fixed to 130km/h. Radars are programming to turn on around 180km/h, and almost each gendarme will tell you that.

We need in france to change our mentallity, because the road is not bellonging to us but to everyone, just a matter of respect.

BR

Vince

Originally posted by Rodders_UK
Originally posted by superchargedIS200

British motorways for 5 years on a row now have been voted best network in the world(this does not include congestion)

I wonder who was doing the voting??

John Prescott :lol::lol:

I think that France has one of the best road networks in the world - we Brits could (and should) learn a few lessons from the French about road design, AND lane discipline!!

Yep but very expensive too !!!

As I remember your highways are free

Originally posted by vince-com

I think that France has one of the best road networks in the world - we Brits could (and should) learn a few lessons from the French about road design, AND lane discipline!!

Yep but very expensive too !!!

As I remember your highways are free

Sort of - we have to pay UKP160 per year PER CAR road tax.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links