Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Email Scam

DaveEllen

got this today.....

PRIVATE AND URGENT

From MR. Vincent Price,

E-mail: ventprice@ebankofscotland.com

Bank of Scotland Mauritius.

PRIVATE AND URGENT.

Please do not be offended if I have invaded your privacy. I am MR. Vincent Price, and I am contacting you on business transfer of a huge sum of money from a deceased account. Though I know that a transaction of this magnitude will make anyone apprehensive and worried, but I am assuring you that all will be well at the end of the day. I decided to contact you due to the urgency of this transaction and you dont have to worry of spending any funds of your own as we have saved for this and we are sure we can do this with out your spending any funds at your end.

PROPOSITION.

I am the account officer to Mr. Selah Adams (deceased) one of our foreign customers. While he banked with us, I oversaw his accounts and other official/financial obligations as my office demanded being his accounts officer. Unfortunately, he died along with his entire family in the plane crash of 31 October, 1999 on board the Egyptian Airline 990 alongside other passengers. Please consult the Cable News Network(CNN) website below for verification.

http://www.cnn.com/US/9911/02/egyptair990.list/index.html

While he was alive, none of his family members was ever known to me other than his immediate nuclear family. Since his death, none of his next-of-kin or relations has come forward to lay claims to this money as the heir. I cannot release the fund from his account unless someone applies for claim as the next-of-kin to the deceased as indicated in our banking guidelines.

Having made a very franatic and exhaustive search for any family member that would lay claim to this fund, I decided to take my chance with you. I now seek your permission to have you stand as next of kin to the deceased as I have all documentations including his certified Death Certificate that will facilitate your stand as next of kin to him as he had a closing balance of 5,500,000.00lbs (five million, five hundred thousand pounds sterling) here in our Bank of Scotland Mauritius Branch. I also have secured from the probate an order of mandamus to locate any member of deceased family to become beneficiary of this fund.

Please acknowledge receipt of this message in acceptance of our mutual business endeavour by furnishing me with the following to my PRIVATE E-mail: ventprice@ebankofscotland.com

1. Beneficiary name and address

2. Direct Telephone and fax numbers

These requirements will enable me make some internalre-adjustments and file your name in form A2ag and other vital forms as next of kin which before now was left blank by the deceased upon opening of the account six years ago. Upon your reply, I will advice the way forward. I must assure you that if you are serious and follow my lead religiously, then this funds will be released to you within a seven-working-day period.

If this proposal is acceptable by you, do not take undue advantage of the trust I have bestowed in you, you can lean abount Mauritius by clicking the link bellow,

http://s2.emedia.com.my/Misc/Mauritius/about_html

http://www.worldtimeserver.com/time.asp?locationid=MU

I await your urgent mail.

Regards,

Mr. Vincent Price.

I get so many of these. I had a really funny one yesterday though. It was supposedly from a Mrs Arafat who's husband had recently passed away and she was trying to get some of his money out of Israel. Hmmm sounds kinda familiar.

A friend had one claiming to have met her and knew she was reliable, trustworthy etc but the emailed started Dear Sir/Madam. She is very definitely female as anyone would know who had met her. Doh.

I find it incredible that they want to scam a bank but uses the email address at the bank to send out these things. Such an insult to IT security, as if IT cant snoop on outgoing emails, which doesnt REALLY happen lol

Talking of email scams .......... I get like 1 -2 of those stupid eBay scam emails a day (the ones telling you to either update your account details, or log in for some reason) !!

It's just silly now, i just forward them all onto spoof@ebay.co.uk

They must have so much investigating to do ! , or maybe not, they just delete them !!

I had one where the fraud was supposedly based in London so I contacted some central police IT crime unit. They just told me to contact my local police station. I gave up at that point.

There probably is some in the middle of the Amazon rain forest that hasn't heard of these scams that may fall for it.

Funny they are all of African descent - then they wonder why Africans can't rule a country  :whistling:

That's a bit harsh Mark!! Ironic too because I had a scam email today from a Mrs More (not Moore...lol) who now lives in South Africa after fleeing Zimbabwe with the US$29million that her husband kept in their safe on the farm before Mr Robert Mugabe supporters killed her hubby. Oh and I can get 30% if I help them recover this from the vault they deposit it in as a valuable item.

Lol... well lucky me who has worked in Federal Reserve Bank has seen US$10million on a pallet so I know how large that vault with the 29million is (pmsl)

I might just get the private jet fired up and go collect it.. or I might wash my car.

Decisions....decisions

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links