Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Who Would Be Interested In Ss Decat Pipes

TheDon

Well i have been aproached by an "extremely" reputable custom pipe maker (they do porches, jags, rally cars but will remain nameless for now" about building some front de-cat pipes.

They will be of extremely high quality and will fit both supercharged and non supercharged IS200's.

There is also the possibility of them removing the final cat if the lamba sensor will not freak out too much, or for £200 they will fit a race cat with super flow!

The prices they have suggested will mean that they will cost no more than £200-250.

For a batch of up to 10 it would cost £200 each

For a batch of up to 5 it would cost £225-245 each

So who would be after removing the threat of your cats dying on you and gaining a chunk of power?

Im not trying to sell them but am trying to gain interest as i gotta offer my car as the test bed for ya all.

If it goes well then you can place your orders directly with them

No mate not me But you could ask them if they will do me a manifold to fit my Turbo :winky: :whistling:

Well i have been aproached by an "extremely" reputable custom pipe maker (they do porches, jags, rally cars but will remain nameless for now" about building some front de-cat pipes.

They will be of extremely high quality and will fit both supercharged and non supercharged IS200's.

There is also the possibility of them removing the final cat if the lamba sensor will not freak out too much, or for £200 they will fit a race cat with super flow!

The prices they have suggested will mean that they will cost no more than £200-250.

So who would be after removing the threat of your cats dying on you and gaining a chunk of power?

Im not trying to sell them but am trying to gain interest as i gotta offer my car as the test bed for ya all.

you will be better off with a full s/s manifold chris

£200 is a lot cheaper than a full system tho! lol

they can do that too, and we are already talking about ripping out the whole lot and starting again, all ending in a very neat and tidy jag style twin oval at the back. all neat and tidy and with race cats in.

But just for now and to stop my cats going pop! (as they were glowing an even whiter shade of orange the other day i gotta pop em out.

Marcus, already spoken to him about your turbo set up and he is familiar to the KKK series as he has a porche with one. He is able to build you one, as long as you got the money lol.

i mean front manifold not comp system, you have to get a manifold made that will work best for your engine (tests etc ) not just any old manifold welded together, it needs testing or you could end up with less BHP than you started with. £200-245 to just get your pre-cats removed with a bit of s/s pipe is a bit to expensive i think, for a little more you will be able to get a tested manifold to give you more BHP and remove the pre-cats at the same time, so it might not work out cheeper after all ?

true, will speak to him to see how much he can do a full manifold for.

Will give it some thought tho, they do-do Rnd and the pipes would be tested fully.

Marcus, already spoken to him about your turbo set up and he is familiar to the KKK series as he has a porche with one. He is able to build you one, as long as you got the money lol.

ask him how much he wants please and get back to me :whistling: PM chris

Will give it some thought tho, they do-do Rnd and the pipes would be tested fully.

Rnd on what chris a jag ? its not the same engine, i think that you should be looking for one thats been tested on a lexus 1st.

Rnd on what chris a jag ? its not the same engine, i think that you should be looking for one thats been tested on a lexus 1st.

No no, the jag was only put there as an examplet that they are used to working on quality cars.

They are a fav with the scooby crowd too - maybe you can guess who they are?

Basicaly they make stuff and develop custom stuff for car manufacturers. they are far from a "Powerflow" style company! their welding is top noitch and their materials top grade.

Back to the thread tho. If there is enough interest i can sort some people out with the de-cat.

Its a good way of releasing a bit more power without ruining the car. and especialy good if you have to get new cats!

if no-one wants em then thats fine too

I might be interested in going down the decat route, maybe you can get a bit more info. Whe I decatted my Impreza it went from 208 to 236bhp.. (with an Induction kit too)

So is there a choice between removing just the precats.. or a full decat ?

a brief letter of thank you from a porche owner for those who wont click on the link :

"Just a quick not of thanks for such a great job of producing and installing the equal length system on my 911. Abosultely fantastic." - Peter Bell

With the Hayward & Scott equal length system fitted, the car has taken on a completely different feel. It took me a long time to decide on an exhaust system upgrade, and the time taken to look at all the available options has certainly paid off. Since collecting the car, I have been driving with a continuous smile - the sound that the car makes now just encourages you to keep accelerating. The union of a Porsche 911 3.2 Carerra and a Hayward & Scott system, seems like a match made in heaven. The improvements brough about by the system were immediate - first of all it looks fantastic with two polished stainless steel pipes giving you a clue as to what the rest of the system looks like. Then there is the sound that starts off as a deep rumble at low revs, and rises to roaring sound at high revs that has a crispness to it, not unlike an F1 car. Then there is an immediate better throttle response and smoother delivery of power right through the rev range. Overall the car feels more powerful. I would say it represents great value for money.

well if ya pay ya money ya can be a volunteer. im not making any money from em at all, just telling people where they can get them once they are done.

I should imagine that as with any car once you start removing resistance from the exhaust then you will find it feeling a little better. I think the trick with N/A cars is not to remove too much resistance so i would probably retain the rear cat

TheDon: Agreed, although I am hoping to get an SC in the not too distant future... I assume that if I were to go for one I would not have to change it in the event of fitting the SC?

I had considered going for a full manifold, I am watching to see what the results are like when they have been tried

basicaly it will be designed to fit round my supercharger but will fit standard IS200s as well with obvious future compatability with charger.

Next year before the show season starts tho im gonna have the whole lot ripped out and a complete new system fitted with duel rear cans either side. but nice and subtle.

TheDon: Agreed, although I am hoping to get an SC in the not too distant future...  I assume that if I were to go for one I would not have to change it in the event of fitting the SC?

I had considered going for a full manifold, I am watching to see what the results are like when they have been tried

if you are on about just a pipe to get rid of the pre-cats it dosnt matter if the car is supercharged or not, will fit both :blink: £200-245 for this is to many £s, what you want is a manifold that will give you extra BHP and fit both s/c and normal cars +remove the pre-cats, but my Q is what rad has he done on the is200, you are not telling me you just turn up and he is going to make you one there and then telling me its all ok and i will have ? extra BHP it not work like this it has to be tested, TDI have done lots of this sort of thing in the past for the is200 and i dont know of anyone else has done this ? :D

testing will be done on my car, i never said rnd had been done only that they were capable.in the end its removing the pipwork. im not gonna have anything radical done. b4 anyone else gets one it will be run on my car etc to make sure its a worthwhile investment.

£200+ is just a base figure till we take it off the car and jug it up. could be a lot less.

Who knows till we try. and without regesterd interest i cant get a fixed price for you all.

Or i could jsut have it done for myself? but that would be selfish not to offer it first.

Think BillyBandit got a local garage to cut the precats out and weld in a new bit for £60.

Think while your motives are 100% sound the practicalities of the project are not cost effective.

There are three manifolds on there way (Scott,Mark & Mine) which will do the same & a bit more.

However I'm sure people will make their own informed decsions

what exactly is this for ?? :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh:

manifold

de-pre-cat

or de-cat

at that price it is far to cheap to be a manifold , but reference to wether it fits the supercharger relates to the manifold

i personally wouldnt buy a manifold without proof of r&d and proof that gains are made, a badly made manifold can actually loose you performance

if its a de-pre-cat , the performance gains are neglible, these are taken out due to the possibility of them breaking up and blocking flow, and most of the cost to take them out is in the labour times involved

if its a de-cat, ....would be a first one that i know off

let us know chris

its a De-pre cat, due to mine glowing bright bright orrange and i dont want em breaking up on me. it has the possiblity of becoming a total de-cat if people wanted.

One question, the lamba sensor. would it freak out and put the car into safe mode or will it be ok if i remove the cat completely?

my little system will start from the pre cats down.

in the end i gotta find a quick and cheap solution to my dangerously hot cats and just wanted to know if anyone else wanted one.

i got enuf performance at the mo, just want reliability.

Removing the cat completely should not throw the car into safe mode, well I'd be surprised if it did. It never effected my Impreza when I fully decatted that.

If all this does if a de-precat then to be honest, like Gord & others have said, I'd rather pay the extra and get some gauranteed extra bhp from a well researched manifild which would also remove the pre-cats. Now if you're talking a full decat, as I mentioned before, the results should be reasonable, and worth looking at :)

I'm confused.

The IS200 exhaust system is as follows

manifold with precats and o2 sensors

then main cat

then silencer with sensor

then back box

If i read the last post correctly Chris its the main cat your people are doing not the pre cats (which can break up)

Will now go back to sleep :geek:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links