Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Emachines Notebook ....

MrADeveci

Members,

A freind of mine has approached me with a problem that he has got on his laptop pc !

The computer loads up, and windows xp loads up to the initial user name log on screen, the keyboard works, however the mouse pad on the notebook is just dead ?

As if it has been locked with a function key ? - any ideas anyone.

Thanks!!

sounds like the driver for the touchpad has screwed up.

After making sure its not a case of the the device being disabled in hardware devices. Uninstall the the device and then right click a component to enable a search for the pc to PNP any new devices, hopefully this should fix it.

If not, then its off to the emachines website for a new driver.

This is very wiered ...... the notebook is supposedly using a Synaptic driver ... I have uninstalled and reinstalled a fresh driver set from the website

http://www.synaptics.com/support/drive.cfm

But the pointer device is still not moving !!!

In the devices / properties option it says there may be a problem with the drivers , but this can't be as I have just installed the new drivers for it !!

Oh the joy of drivers!

had a look on the synaptics website - oddly they don't admit to allowing their bits on emachine products.

They've got a vaguely helpfull troubleshooting guide for the touchpad - might be worth a look.

secondly there are some touchpad drivers on the emachines website - it might have to be a specfic driver that does the trick.

http://www.e4me.com/support

Lastly, your mate hasn't decided to disable the touchpad in the bios?

I tried that website - and the tech support is about as good as ... err.. - whatever the saying is ! :whistling:

They don't even have a decent list / supply of drivers which is a bit poo !

There isn't a bios option to enable / disable the pointer .. I have checked that too !

I think I'm just going to format completely then re-install xp !

Hopefully that works ...

This note book is absolutley RUBBISH !!!!

There is NO drivers support on the website, or no drivers for the laptopt ANYWHERE !!!!

I'm going mad ..... has anyone here for the eMachines resuce cd's / drivers ?

Cheers !! :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

i see what you mean about the lack of drivers - helpful not!

have you tried the driver for the M5105 it looks like the same spec as the m5116 - it can't do much harm.

other than that there was a bloke on forums.windrivers.com with exacty the same problems on his m5116 - they suggested going to emachines support - unfortunately no follow up on the thread

i see what you mean about the lack of drivers - helpful not!

have you tried the driver for the M5105 it looks like the same spec as the m5116 - it can't do much harm.

other than that there was a bloke on forums.windrivers.com with exacty the same problems on his m5116 - they suggested going to emachines support - unfortunately no follow up on the thread

Thanks for taking the time to look !

I have been in contact with Emachines, who say that they do not ship the recovery CD out of the US - !!!!! yet they are selling the notebooks in the UK!

has anyone on this forum, have / or know of anyone with a M5116 NoteBook who can help me out here with the reocvery cd !!

Regards !

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links