Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Wireless Broadband Network Help Plz

LennyLexus

Hi Guys,

Just need a hand on getting the right gear to buy to set up a wireless network for TELEWEST/NLT broadband.

From waht i gather I need the products?

(This is to hook up the main computer next to cable modem to another PC around the house)

Option 1-Belkin

Belkin F5D7230uk4 54Mbps Wireless Broadband Router

Belkin F5D7050UK 54Mbps USB 2.0 Wireless G Adapter

1M CAT5e UTP Ethernet Patch Cable

Option 2-Linksys

Linksys WRT54G 54Mbps Wireless-G Broadband Router

My WebpageLinksys WUSB54G 54Mbps Wireless USB 2.0 Adapter

1M CAT5e UTP Ethernet Patch Cable

I have a LAN input on the back of my PC, will that be ok of installation?

Thanks in advance

That should be all you need although are you sure a 1m cable is long enough? Only cost a few pence more to get a 3m cable.

Also have a look at www.ebuyer.co.uk - may be cheaper. Make sure you include postage charges when comparing.

That should be all you need although are you sure a 1m cable is long enough? Only cost a few pence more to get a 3m cable.

Also have a look at www.ebuyer.co.uk - may be cheaper. Make sure you include postage charges when comparing.

yep going for 1m because theres too much cabling at PC desk :angry: so it should be plenty. :unsure: Comes to £94 all in. I'll check ebuyer too.

only thing is cannot watch TV with it on in the same room..

why not? Are you using a video sender unit? If so try changing the channel being used on the the Linksys. Don't know what the default channel is - probably 1. Give channel 11 or 13 a go.

only thing is cannot watch TV with it on in the same room..

why not? Are you using a video sender unit? If so try changing the channel being used on the the Linksys. Don't know what the default channel is - probably 1. Give channel 11 or 13 a go.

forgot to mention i am using wireless TV sender unit too... hate wires ;)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links