Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Cam Belt

marcus

Hi guys, i need to replace my cam belt over the weekend could i do it and if so what tools would i need to do the job, do i have to "lock it up" to replace the "cam belt" :question: any help would be good from any one that knows how to do this job :whistling:

thanks

Marcus

:driving:

hi marcus

get a haynes manual :hehe: :D :hehe: :D

seriously though my mate recently replaced the belt on his mk11 gs300 sport and he managed it ok with out any special tools, and it was the first one he had done.

the hardest bit was getting the bottom pulley off, being an auto its more difficult to lock up too.just apply handbrake and put it in gear.

should be easy for a man of your experience, hope this has been of some help

let us know how you get on

john

isn't it better to just get a pro to do it, cos if you do it wrong it could mess up the engine.

as long as u index everything it should be a problem, its when u dont and dont notice the pulley is a few teeth out then.............

thanks guys for all your posts about this :) i dont know if i should try this or not :yawn: but knowing me i will B) so what you are saying john is just to put it in gear and that will lock it up! by doing that would it be ok to replace the belt then, its not going to move on me is it :whistling: and you say mark the pulleys with tipX before takeing them of,

any one want to help me with this :lol: :winky:

thanks marcus

:driving:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links