Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Probably like most of you, I leave my headlights in the "auto" position. One thing less to worry about in my busy life. But I thought I'd share this observation with you.

When you park and switch off the ignition the headlights stay on until you open the drivers door. But did you know that this doesn't work from the passenger side!

I went to fetch a CD from the RX300, which is parked in my garage. I got in from the passenger side and lent across to get the key into the ignition. On came the headlights, took out the cd, got out, locked the car and went, without turning back. An hour or so later when I went back into the garage I was supprised to see the headlights were still on.

Shouldn't the passenger side operate the same as the driver side?

I don't understand why the lights switch of when you open the drivers door instead of staying on for at least another 1o seconds. Maybe Lexus thought that people would wait until the lights switch of? But the whole idea is about finding your way in the dark or for adding a sense of security in dark places, isn't it?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links