Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Squeeling Sound At Low Speed

javadude

With the window wound down I can hear a squeeling sound at low speeds. The pitch changes with speed and stops when the car is stationary. Any ideas what it could be? Doesn't stop when I apply brakes so I don't think its the brakes. Could it be the power steering belt? Would it be easy for me to replace or tighten? :unsure:

With the window wound down I can hear a squeeling sound at low speeds. The pitch changes with speed and stops when the car is stationary. Any ideas what it could be? Doesn't stop when I apply brakes so I don't think its the brakes. Could it be the power steering belt? Would it be easy for me to replace or tighten? :unsure:

Can you tell where the sound is coming from? From your description..it does not sound like belts, even when the car is stopped they are moving and probably would squeal a little. Plus it would very obviously that it was coming from the engine. The squeal could be your brakes.. if the pad is worn or worn unevely or worse case scenario your rotors are warped..it will squeal as the wheels rotate..applying the brake wouldn't make it go away...definitely sounds like something rotational....cause the pitch changes with speed. I had the same problem. two months ago..one of my rear pads was totally worn

Hi mate i had this just last week and it was ****** me of, so when i had one of the back wheels of i took a look at the brakes and thats what it was on the pads you have 2 bits that come out about 3-4mm pass the pad when the pad gets down that low the 2 bits sticking out hit on the discs makeing that squeeling sound , so i put new pads on and that was that :winky:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links