Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Mine's done 180k miles now and I don't use it much but it hasn't been serviced for a couple of years.  Is there a schedule I could print out for a local garage to use?  I see there's a range of service kits on eBay ranging from about £80 to £150.  I know he won't be able to do anything with the hybrid system, but is there anything over and above oil and air filter changes that would be essential?

Mike

4 hours ago, mikesands said:

so it looks like if I add in brake fluid change and diff oil change that should be ok for another 10k miles

Spark Plugs, Coolant, Cabin Filter - have these been changed at the recommended intervals?

The spark plugs is quite a big job I believe as lots of parts to remove to gain access.

4 hours ago, mikesands said:

Ah - ok thanks - so it looks like if I add in brake fluid change and diff oil change that should be ok for another 10k miles

Thanks

Mike

Diff fluid (rear motor transaxle assembly) is lifetime, as is the transmission. Obviously you can do it if you wish. Both use WS transmission fluid.

Standard schedule is based on age / mileage (whichever occurs first):

Oil and filter change every 1 year / 10k miles

Brake fluid every 2 years/ 20k miles

Cabin filter every 2 years/ 20k miles

Air filter every 4 years/ 40k miles

Spark plugs every 60k miles (no age interval)

Engine coolant at 10 years / 100k miles (and then every 5 years / 50k miles)

Inverter coolant at 10 years / 100k miles (and then every 5 years / 50k miles)

Timing belt every 10 years / 100k miles

Im at 140k and have no record of ever having had the spark plugs changed. I've done them previously on other and never noticed any difference, would be interested to hear real world experience of actual benefits.

Personally I wouldn't go chasing work. At the age they are, something relatively minor could make the car a write off repair wise. Instead I'd keep up the basics but increase the oil change frequency to every 4-5k miles, 6 months. 

All filters, coolant if it needs a refresh. Brake fluid bleed you need the software, but consider it. Also get wheels off, examine the discs and pads and 100% grease the slider pins. Check the easy repair items, like boots on the drop links etc

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links