Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Well folks, looking for some advice on the above. I am intending to look at a high mileage car later this week at auction.

The car has 345,000km/ 215,000miles - not ideal but if the money is right I would be planning to hold onto the car long term.

• I have 2 main concerns, the first being the mileage and how this might affect remaining Battery life. I've read a lot of the previous posts here but not sure how high mileage cars have faired with the hybrid Battery. And if it fails, it it possible to recondition etc? Or would it need a replacement, obviously this would probably be prohibitive with the value of the car.

• My second concern is on this particular car. While it does claim to have a 10 stamp service history and just 3 previous owners my concern is the following:

- The 'Check VGRS System' light seems to be on. Some have said they have had to do a steering rack change, others have stated a system reset has cleared the fault. Should I just walk away?

- The Zeetex tyres and silly font on the number plate make me wonder if the car was run on a budget by the last owner which does make me concerned but given its a Lexus with a service history maybe not a deal breaker.

Obviously buying from the auction I can't drive the car but will be able to start it and check the SH when I view it. Link to the auction ad here.

I've had 2 IS250s previous which I loved, besides the annoyingly high seating position, but have always wanted a nice LS. Do I run or take a punt?

• Like 1

Why’s it in the auction and who’s placing it there ?  Reserve price and current MOT and have you verified the service history ? 

you must have very deep pockets or totally barmy UNLESS someone has professionally advised you that this is a sensible car to buy at ……. what price ? 

Auctions very very soon 

good luck 

Malc 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, anoldls said:

Well folks, looking for some advice on the above. I am intending to look at a high mileage car later this week at auction.

The car has 345,000km/ 215,000miles - not ideal but if the money is right I would be planning to hold onto the car long term.

• I have 2 main concerns, the first being the mileage and how this might affect remaining battery life. I've read a lot of the previous posts here but not sure how high mileage cars have faired with the hybrid battery. And if it fails, it it possible to recondition etc? Or would it need a replacement, obviously this would probably be prohibitive with the value of the car.

• My second concern is on this particular car. While it does claim to have a 10 stamp service history and just 3 previous owners my concern is the following:

- The 'Check VGRS System' light seems to be on. Some have said they have had to do a steering rack change, others have stated a system reset has cleared the fault. Should I just walk away?

- The Zeetex tyres and silly font on the number plate make me wonder if the car was run on a budget by the last owner which does make me concerned but given its a Lexus with a service history maybe not a deal breaker.

Obviously buying from the auction I can't drive the car but will be able to start it and check the SH when I view it. Link to the auction ad here.

I've had 2 IS250s previous which I loved, besides the annoyingly high seating position, but have always wanted a nice LS. Do I run or take a punt?

The hybrid batteries can be reconditioned at a fraction of the cost of replacement. Still a risky buy though!

• Like 1

I have to ask - how long is holding onto such a car 'long term'?  If it's already done 215,000 miles then your definition of 'long term' is different to mine, my friend😉 Any car, no matter what make it is, will be staring big big bills in the face at 215K miles plus😉

6 minutes ago, Pauly C said:

I have to ask - how long is holding onto such a car 'long term'?  If it's already done 215,000 miles then your definition of 'long term' is different to mine, my friend😉 Any car, no matter what make it is, will be staring big big bills in the face at 215K miles plus😉

Especially, probably the Ls600 🤔

Malc 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links