Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

RX 400h windows problem

Only the driver's window in my 2009 RX will operate - I've tried the windows lock/auto buttons in various positions but to no avail.. The only event prior to this problem was a service at my local Lexus dealership in which, presumably, the Battery was disconnected. I don't want to have to take the car back as the dealership is some distance away. I'd be grateful for suggestions as to what I could try to fix the problem - the car has worked flawlessly up to now....

I think you have to lower, then raise all the windows using their own individual switches (the switches in the respective doors) then it will work. I had this on my RX 450 when I got it. From memory the lights in the switch were flashing, this stopped when I did this to reset. 

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, MUDGUTS said:

I think you have to lower, then raise all the windows using their own individual switches (the switches in the respective doors) then it will work. I had this on my RX 450 when I got it. From memory the lights in the switch were flashing, this stopped when I did this to reset. 

Thank you so much: that did the trick (but no flashing lights on this previous gen car). You deserve a much nicer soubriquet than "MUDGUTS" !

Here are the 4 resets you need to do post batter disconnect. I collated these from various threads and other forums and keep a copy in my glove box:

ISC Reset post dead Battery

1) Make sure the vehicle is fully warmed up. Do the procedure immediately following a long drive that runs the engine (highway speeds are best - not long gliding stealth runs at low speeds with the engine off). This will insure the coolant temp is at FULL operating temperature - it is not necessary to actually measure the coolant temperature if you warm up the engine sufficiently and don't let the engine shut down too long and cool off before doing the procedure.

2) With the vehicle stopped and in drive, press firmly on the brake to keep the vehicle from moving and then step on the accelerator while watching the power meter (to the left of the speedometer). Press down on the accelerator to keep the needle between 1/2 and 3/4 up the scale. You will find that the engine management system will automatically limit the engine load no matter how far you press down on the pedal so the amount you press is not critical as long as it is either 1/2 scale or to the engine's self-limiting load value. Keep the engine loaded for a full 30 seconds but not longer than 40 seconds (this procedure brings the hybrid Battery up to a maximum state of charge - if you watch the Battery symbol, you willl see it tick up to a "full" display).

3) Shut off the engine and place it in park
4) Wait 5 seconds.
5) Turn the ignition key back on to display "ready"
6) make sure the A/C and heater system controls are set to off
6) Lightly step on the accelerator pedal until the engine starts -then immediately take your foot off the accelerator and let the engine run until it stops by itself.

This completes the procedure.

Window reset

If you've unplugged or changed your Battery, you will notice that upon re-installation you will not be able to control the passenger windows from the driver's controls, and the passengers will not have their "auto" up/down function. This is because the windows need to be "activated".

To activate, you must do the following to EACH window from its own control.

1. Starting from windows rolled up- Roll a window down to the half-way position and stop. After 1 second, roll the window up, and HOLD the switch for 3 seconds even after the window is fully rolled up. Then let go. The window is now activated. Do this for all 4 windows.

Now you will be able to control all 4 windows from the driver's controls and the passengers will be able to use the auto up/down function.

Sunroof Normalization

To normalize, push and hold the 'slide' switch toward the front. The sunroof will tilt (even though you are using the 'slide' switch) up and down then slide open and close. After it closes, release the switch. The sunroof will now work normally (i.e. it will know where it's supposed to close when you use the switches).

Power Boot Normalization

Open and close the back door by hand.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links