Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Buy a used 2022 UX F Sport

Hi

I am thinking of buying a used low mileage 2022 UX F Sport from a private seller. The car has 4 months of its 3 year warranty left and has been serviced twice by Lexus. The price is below market average so it appears to be a good buy. However, the seller appears a bit dodgy e.g. he has said it is a family car but then it appears the log book was only changed 3 weeks ago. He also has not taxed it since July (possibly when he acquired it) and no SORN has been issued so I will be liable for the tax from July. The ad said 1 owner but it has 3 and I found out that it was subject to the £410 pa premium car tax for the next 3 years. As it is still in warranty and is immaculate with a host of extras is there any reason I should not buy it? I am buying a fairly new car so should I ignore the sellers shortcomings?

Have you done an HPI or similar vehicle check on it? Would help to give you more peace of mind. You won't be liable for back tax if there is a current owner, it's their responsibility up until you or anyone else became the new owner. 

Thanks Mick & Paul, I now think that he a small trader who buys from auction and flips the cars quickly. Have done all the checks and they are ok so I suppose it depends on whether I am happy with the deal

3 minutes ago, Colin1043 said:

Thanks Mick & Paul, I now think that he a small trader who buys from auction and flips the cars quickly. Have done all the checks and they are ok so I suppose it depends on whether I am happy with the deal

It’s your call my friend.  I’d suggest buying from a dealer….Lexus if possible….for some kind of total piece of mind.  In my case, I’m kind of glad I did😉

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fourbanks said:

Should be around £15,000 at 3 years old or £20,000 from the main dealer where purchased 

Mine was a little over £20K….lord knows what the their bill would’ve been if I’d had to pay for all the work done to my car myself….at least something approaching £2K + I reckon🤔🙄 so it was worth me buying from a main dealer😉

• Like 1

If your gut is telling you to be careful, I'd walk away.

You've spotted a few clear inconsistencies and issues already - how many more might there be that only a qualified mechanic could spot and diagnose?

Given your and any passenger's lives and safety depend on the soundness of the vehicle.. I'd find somewhere more reliable to purchase. 

• Like 1

I would only ever buy from a main Lexus dealer for simple peace of mind. 

Much easier to get any possible issues sorted at a main dealer rather than by some trader.

Buying from main dealer also gives you an immediate relationship with them rather than saying I bought this car from ‘X’ and it has issues please can you sort it - goodwill etc.

I am risk adverse, so the choice is yours. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links