Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Regrets buying Lexus

Crocket288

I have just bought a Rx450h 2020 model as a second car  did a quick insurance quote in show room and it was a little expensive, but just thought ok, so I paid for drive away insurance and just stored car for a month as my existing car still had over a  month to go and the idea was to pay for 2 new policies,few week later I contacted my insurance company and asked them to quote, Lexus for myself and Merc GLE for wife  I was shocked when they said we can't insure the Lexus, tried Swinton and Lexus insurance and they will not insure this car, cheapest quotes coming in are now £800 + .. Merc £300 full comp, full no claims, no accidents .. middle aged, semi rural area, massively regret buying a Lexus now, left a real bitter taste .. what the hell is going on in the UK with insurance companies refusing to insure Lexus cars .. anyone else had this issue ??

15 minutes ago, Crocket288 said:

what the hell is going on in the UK with insurance companies refusing to insure Lexus cars .. anyone else had this issue ??

Yes, lots of people due to increased level of theft due to the Can Bus security issue.

53 minutes ago, Crocket288 said:

what the hell is going on in the UK with insurance companies refusing to insure Lexus cars .. anyone else had this issue ??

Lexus cars were the most stolen in the UK in 2023 (as a percentage and proportion of cars on the road) due to a vulnerability in their vehicle communication system (canbus) - thieves pull back par of the front bumper or headlights, plug a device in that looks like a Bluetooth speaker, and within a minute the doors are unlocked and engine started.

Im afraid the RX is the most popular vehicle they want to steal - 1 in 46 of all Lexus RX on the road were stolen in 2023, making it more stolen (as a proportion) than even Land Rovers.

Hence many insurers just won’t touch any Lexus cars now (even those on new platforms that don’t have the same flaws), or charge a small fortune…

https://mag.lexus.co.uk/lexus-uk-statement-on-vehicle-theft/?

8 hours ago, RONNIE W HODGEKINSON said:

My Insurance Renewal Was A Breeze..just saying..!!!!

If it was a breeze can I ask who you insure with ? .. thanks.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links