Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Ls400 and it's buggung me .........

My fresh MOT on J73PBX initially failed on the Headlamp Main Beam   ............  " Offside Headlamp aim too low " .......  simply adjusted of course by the Tester guy ok 

BUT what I'm not understanding is    why or how     this beam altered over the year since last time

Thoughts everyone !

Malc

18 minutes ago, Stanwithaplan said:

Isnt it a self levelling system?

Had this been invented for the Mk1  ?   ……… if so it didn’t function properly ……. it’s a relatively simple tec car of course  …….. I remember that specific Failure in prior years with my 95 Mk3 too ……. but a simple adjustment by the Tester and Indy mechanic remedied instantly of course 

Malc 

I believe that the Self-Levelling systems only came in with the HID low beam in the Mk4 (and all later HID models).
The headlamp aim can change if the Halogen bulb is on it's way out. The filaments in Halogen bulbs sag over time until eventually they break.

Adjusting the aim should be the second thing you do, as replacing the bulb normally fixes that problem.
This is why I take my vehicles to an MOT test centre that does not do any work on vehicles. You pay full price for your MOT but you don't end up paying for unnecessary work being done.

• Like 2

Just £45 for the MOT ( incl adjustments ) and of course he’s my usual Indy mechanic too for all my 3 cars and I’m quite certain there’s nowt ever done that’s “ hunting for work “ syndrome 

He’s ALWAYS full with vehicles being fixed serviced whatever …… I TRUST him 👍…… as do many in my area I’m thinking 🤞🤞🤞

Malc 

• Like 2

My 95. N. reg Ls400 goes in for its MOT in about a month ( due 8th Dec ) by then having covered only about 4k miles or so since the last ……. I need to get out and about in them rather more ……. it’s challenging finding where to go to avoid all these damnable incessant impossible everywhere roadworks 🥵

🤞🤞 the headlamp aims are ok 🤞🤞

Malc 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links