Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Getting stoned while driving…

LenT

So there I was yesterday, driving down one of our country lanes, with a truck coming towards me.  As it passed, there was a bang on the driver’s door - and a stone projected by a tyre had left its mark!

Well, I detoured to a local body shop I’ve used before and await their estimate.  But they can’t even think about taking it on for at least a month.

So I contacted ChipsAway, supplied car details and photos - got a call today. Their franchisee can turn up in about ten days and their estimate is £432 inc VAT which covers pulling out the dent and repairing the damage.  So not only quicker but considerably less than the body shop will be.  They also guarantee the quality and matching of the repair for as long as I own the car.

One thing they did appreciate was that I told them that it has a ceramic coating, which requires slightly different treatment.  Apparently, sometimes they don’t discover this until they turn up!  I’ve used ChipsAway before for rectifying kerbing damage in the alloys - with excellent results.  So I’m reasonably confident that I’ll get a good result.

But we’ll see how it turns out.

Meanwhile if anyone hears a truck driver mention a loud bang while passing a white Lexus heading into Buckingham….

IMG_1492.thumb.jpeg.ff7c17e850fed95542d46562d9dfbda9.jpeg

• Sad 3

45 minutes ago, LenT said:

So there I was yesterday, driving down one of our country lanes, with a truck coming towards me.  As it passed, there was a bang on the driver’s door - and a stone projected by a tyre had left its mark!

Well, I detoured to a local body shop I’ve used before and await their estimate.  But they can’t even think about taking it on for at least a month.

So I contacted ChipsAway, supplied car details and photos - got a call today. Their franchisee can turn up in about ten days and their estimate is £432 inc VAT which covers pulling out the dent and repairing the damage.  So not only quicker but considerably less than the body shop will be.  They also guarantee the quality and matching of the repair for as long as I own the car.

One thing they did appreciate was that I told them that it has a ceramic coating, which requires slightly different treatment.  Apparently, sometimes they don’t discover this until they turn up!  I’ve used ChipsAway before for rectifying kerbing damage in the alloys - with excellent results.  So I’m reasonably confident that I’ll get a good result.

But we’ll see how it turns out.

Meanwhile if anyone hears a truck driver mention a loud bang while passing a white Lexus heading into Buckingham….

IMG_1492.thumb.jpeg.ff7c17e850fed95542d46562d9dfbda9.jpeg

Good reccomendation 👍, by the way are you sure it was a stone? Your surname wouldn't be Trump by the way? 🙂

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Well that was interesting!

Had a call from the body shop - and they matched the ChipsAway price!  However I had to point out that they’d originally said they couldn’t even look at it for almost a month.

They claimed that CA didn’t have access to the official paints in the same way they did - and would be working outside, albeit undercover.  However, that wasn’t the killer argument he thought it was.

CA had thanked me for supplying the paint code, but pointed out that on a nine year-old car the paint would have changed.  They used a spectrophotometer to match the actual colour - not the original colour.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links