Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

When do Lexus review prices?

Beer

Morning all.  Can anyone advise me when Lexus are likely to review their prices please?

The reason for my question is that we will be looking to purchase a new car in the next few months, probably a high spec. LBX. With paint these come in just under £40K so don’t qualify for the luxury car tax. 
A letter in the Telegraph at the weekend described the case where someone had bought a new car at just under £40K with the sole intention of escaping the higher tax rate. Unfortunately by the time the car was delivered the manufacturer had increased their prices and the new cost was over the limit. The dealer honoured the original lower price, but the VED was based on the list price at the time of delivery, so the buyer got stung for an extra £560 per year. 
I can’t see the chancellor upping the £40K limit in the upcoming budget somehow. 
Thanks in advance. 

Lexus are (is?) (reasonably) a low number manufacturer,  and only when you order your car does the building process start. Obviously the waiting time is then several months, although there may be a dealer somewhere in the UK who has the model in the colour and with the specs you want and your local franchise can order it in.

A car bought this way will be a 2024 model, whereas the 2025 models will available to order quite soon (with a price rise) 

On the other hand,  if you are spending 40 to 50k (or more) then saving a few thousand over five years shouldn't be a priority compared to getting the correct specifications.

Since the pandemic there doesn't really seem to be a pattern of when prices are adjusted and some are just based on external factors such as the price of shipping. Typically the price would increase at a new model year but it doesn't always happen (prices might not change for 2 years), or occur then.

The issue you describe however really was only an issue during and straight after the pandemic - where lead times were so long that price increases weren't known at the time of order.

Thanks for the information both, that’s very helpful. 
I know £560 p.a. is not a lot when you are spending north of £40K it’s just that I resent paying it, especially when we already have another car between us that is also in the luxury car bracket. 
We are both retired but my partner is looking for a part-time job to keep her occupied, which means we could do with another car. The LBX seems to tick all the boxes for us (well her to be precise): economical; not too big; can get the dog in; all round camera for parking; reliable and memory seats. I think we can only get all this with the Takumi spec. but we can’t justify paying higher VED on two cars. 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links