Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Takumi interior "wood" trim

I'm very much enjoying my new RX450H+. However I'm not sure how I feel about the Bamboo trim inserts. Several of my friends have referred to it as cheap looking plastic. It certainly isn't a showstopper as far as I'm concerned but I would like to know if it is plastic or wood veneer?

I didn't get a choice at time of purchase as the car was a cancelled order. Probably wouldn't have chosen it otherwise. Would be interested in what others think?

26 minutes ago, Wesley2024 said:

I'm very much enjoying my new RX450H+. However I'm not sure how I feel about the Bamboo trim inserts. Several of my friends have referred to it as cheap looking plastic. It certainly isn't a showstopper as far as I'm concerned but I would like to know if it is plastic or wood veneer?

I didn't get a choice at time of purchase as the car was a cancelled order. Probably wouldn't have chosen it otherwise. Would be interested in what others think?

I really liked one of the interior leather colours but it only came with the "bamboo" which put me off so I went for a safer black leather with black ash trim, which I'm not sure was the right choice. It's all plastic when it comes down to it albeit of high quality so don't feel bad about it, ignore the naysayers and grow to love it!

I have the Ammonite sand interior with Bamboo inlays as we wanted it to have a light interior. The bamboo on the steering wheel is wood but the inlays are plastic I believe and don’t look brilliant. However the surrounding trims and seats are very nice so it’s something I can live with.

1 hour ago, Wesley2024 said:

I would like to know if it is plastic or wood veneer?

I believe it is real wood, it is just the lacquering used to protect it that makes it look fake.

Similar to the previous generation RX:

https://mag.lexus.co.uk/yamaha-piano-makers-apply-their-craft-in-new-lexus-rx/

I  also have the Ammonite Sand and I think it looks really smart. I personally think the interior is far superior to the previous German makes  I have owned. The Bamboo certainly does not cause me to dislike the interior scheme. I do confess however  to keeping the soft sliding cover for the phone charger compartment open as that piece reminds of the Formica top kitchen table in my student flat.😀

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links