Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Could someone remind me please.............

I was considering changing my RX450 for an NX450h+ and having received an email this morning from LV= who are refusing to reinsure my car, this process may have to be speeded up. The reason given was the CANbus theft defect. And there was no room for negotiation even though my car has had the plates fitted.

Am I right in thinking that the NX450h+ is not affected by this issue, whatever the year ?

Thank you for any replies.

• Sad 1

I dont think NX450H+ is affected by this. I got my NX450H+ last month and I had quotes from my insurance companies who were ready to insure the car.

• Like 1

My understanding is that the latest NX450 is not affected. Roughly 2022 onwards.

Not sure about older models.

I haven't had any problems with insurance.

The series II NX is unaffected (NX350h or NX450h+).

Some insurers don't seem to have a correct list of which models are or are not affected and may refuse to provide cover but generally you shouldn't have an issue.

Your RX is entitled to have a tracker fitted FOC by Lexus - would your insurer provide cover then?

• Like 1

As the others have said the NX450h+ and the NX350h are not affected. Same with gen 5 RX.

I use Aviva and have done for a number of years. Price increased this year but not by some of the percentages quoted by other owners.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links