Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Well that escalated quickly…

Last week I was in Japan on a long-planned and much-delayed holiday. As a car fan I was enjoying seeing the Kai cars and trying to spot the occasional European import, when I spotted a really cool looking Lexus sports car. Then I saw another one (both in white) and thought, wow that’s cool. What the he’ll is it?

Got back to UK and did some research. Turns out it was an LC 500l, which, to my shame, I was not really aware of. Trawled YouTube and forums and slowly realised it was a very unique and highly regarded two-plus-two GT. Having owned loads of two-door coupes  (Peugeot V6, Preludes, XK8, XKR, 6 series, 4 series) this looked right up my street. 

To my horror, I then discovered it had been discontinued in the UK. There was a handful of older models on Autotrader, and just four ex-demo models at dealerships. 

Well, I thought I’d just go and see one in the flesh. I popped up to Cheltenham, who were very accommodating and offered a test drive. I was immediately smitten by the dark grey interior which reeked of quality. The drive was comfortable and effortless. And it had all the tech that the older models lack. And it looked gorgeous on the outside. 

So - after a bit of hard bargaining - I bought it. It’s in Copper Crest, which I know is a divisive colour, but honestly, in a world of boring blacks, greys and silver, it just makes this rare car doubly unique. Can’t wait to pick it up!

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, Scotlex said:

Welcome 😀

The LC is a lovely looking machine. Hope you enjoy it.

Did you enjoy Japan? Is it worth a visit??

Oh yes. The place is amazing – Tokyo at night is something else – and the people genuinely warm and welcoming. It seems to be THE place to visit at the moment, and if you can stomach the 14-hour flight (and the, er, 'challenging' cuisine), I thoroughly recommend it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Weezer said:

Oh yes. The place is amazing – Tokyo at night is something else – and the people genuinely warm and welcoming. It seems to be THE place to visit at the moment, and if you can stomach the 14-hour flight (and the, er, 'challenging' cuisine), I thoroughly recommend it.

I will pencil it in to my "places to visit" list 😃

2 hours ago, Scotlex said:

Did you enjoy Japan? Is it worth a visit??

We visited Japan just as my first RC was leaving on it's journey to the UK!

Travelled from Tokyo to Kyoto, Kanasawa all the way down to Hiroshima. Incredibly beautiful country, so mountainous and forested. The population squeezed into the few flat areas. Highly recommended and as said the people are truly warm and welcoming .

• Like 2

Congratulations, and I am certain you will love the LC.  I am a relative newcomer and have had mine just around a month, but every time it growls into life I smile from ear to ear.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Paul29bit said:

Congratulations, and I am certain you will love the LC.  I am a relative newcomer and have had mine just around a month, but every time it growls into life I smile from ear to ear.

It was one of the few times when I’ve test driven a car and gone, ‘Yes, this is the one.’  Didn’t get the same feeling from the 911. This felt solid and special. I love the way the cabin looks and feels and the way the seat hugged me. Really looking forward to the drive  back from Cheltenham!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links