Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Map update error!

Hello everyone! Having the car two weeks now and loving it, but I made a mistake. I followed the instructions to the letter from the Lexus website to update the maps by myself. I began the procedure and at the very end it showed me that an error occurred and that I should contact my dealer. The onboard navigation is not working since and also the street sign alerts. I inserted the usb again and also restarting the car but nothing. Anyone any ideas? 

IMG_1453.jpeg

The “Map Updates” topic has a lot of information about this issue. Basically you need to ensure that the USB drive is formatted to FAT32. Most people have resolved this issue by using the formatting app Rufus on a Windows computer. 

1 hour ago, Vangelis82 said:

Hello everyone! Having the car two weeks now and loving it, but I made a mistake. I followed the instructions to the letter from the Lexus website to update the maps by myself. I began the procedure and at the very end it showed me that an error occurred and that I should contact my dealer. The onboard navigation is not working since and also the street sign alerts. I inserted the usb again and also restarting the car but nothing. Anyone any ideas? 

IMG_1453.jpeg

I had exactly the same error, took it to the dealer and after four days of trying they failed to recover it, they ended up replacing the sat nav unit under warranty. :sad:

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Aelod said:

Unlike AWC, I just reformatted my USB  drive to FAT32 using Rufus, put it back in the USB socket, and the update completed in less than 15 minutes. And I had the same error screen as you. IMG_6447.thumb.jpeg.76b52ee38c0e18bd20d31ec8e7bd6b63.jpeg

Hi Eddie,

Yours is not the same error code as the one Evangelos and I had, see my image:

IMG_6115.jpg

So is it not safe to update map through USB pendrive? In the e-store inside MyLexus website i see there is an update available (my LBX show a "contact your dealer" in the update section of menu), but i'm not sure it's safe to update through USB.

I don’t think it’s safe. I tried a different usb but nothing… it’s shows the same message. I ‘m so disappointed because I didn’t deviate at all from the official instructions. Guess I should contact the dealer. But to reach to the extent of replacing the whole module of the screen has me seriously worried… 

What size USB are you using? Have you made sure it is correctly formatted to FAT32? Neither Windows nor Mac OS will correctly format to FAT32 if the USB is larger than 32GB. You need to use a 3rd party program to format larger USBs. 

I also had this error and my nav is bricked for the moment. I used a 32gb usb 2.0 stick formatted for fat32. I have my NX booked into the dealer for next week. I hope it’s a quick fix. Agree this is very disappointing as I was told the car would get updates OTA then found I had to download them myself and then the update bricks the system. Stunning, Lexus!

• Thanks 1

I now have a major problem with my sat nav since the update. Getting the update itself was a big hassle as I posted in my thread.

However, my system totally crashes after about 10 miles into a journey. It goes into a cycle of updating itself and then all the map and voice direction disappear leaving the arrow icon on a blank page. A quick reset push on the button doesn't work while driving. I am emailing Lexus CR today but wondered if this happens to anyone else?

Suggestions to use Google maps etc don't appeal to me. Paying over £36k for a car that has such issues is annoying to say the very least!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, lotoit said:

So is it not safe to update map through USB pendrive? In the e-store inside MyLexus website i see there is an update available (my LBX show a "contact your dealer" in the update section of menu), but i'm not sure it's safe to update through USB.

Get the dealer to do it, they don't charge!

15 hours ago, IGR said:

I also had this error and my nav is bricked for the moment. I used a 32gb usb 2.0 stick formatted for fat32. I have my NX booked into the dealer for next week. I hope it’s a quick fix. Agree this is very disappointing as I was told the car would get updates OTA then found I had to download them myself and then the update bricks the system. Stunning, Lexus!

There wasn't a satnav unit in the country so I had to wait 6 weeks for one to be shipped in.

On 10/13/2024 at 9:15 PM, Vangelis82 said:

IMG_1453.jpeg

Given that your car is brand new, you should be able to use Android Auto or apple CarPlay. Given that Lexus navigation is usually rubbish and also out of date, why not use AA or ACP and use Waze (my personal favourite) or Google Maps, or Sygic, or TomTom, all of which are better than the factory offering?

Waze and Google Maps are updated (free of charge) on a daily basis and even 'on the fly' in the case of Waze. If you approach a traffic jam or roadworks for example, you can push a button and the info will be uploaded and pushed out to all Wazers within minutes.

• Like 2

Having experienced OTA Lexus Up-dates in 2018 that reduced the Alert volume for speed cameras I could not wait for ACP.

ACP in the LBX is instant/rap[id If you have an Iphone.

Tel

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links