Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Lexus NX 2.5 300h F Sport E-CVT 4WD review

Hi I’ve never actually spent a lot on a car before but we are looking at the car in the title and want to know what people think of the model. It’s looking to cost around £26000 2021 with 30000 miles on the clock.

We had a test drive and it felt smooth and I like Lexus as from what I’ve read they are very reliable. And I’m looking for a hybrid model with good fuel economy.

I’m not clued up on cars at all most of the time I’ve bought an old car for cash an drove it till it died or repairing got expensive.

I’m looking for a car that is going to last me at least 10 years but ideally 15+. Are Lexus expensive to repair are there things that go wrong with this model. I want to make sure I’m making the right decision vs other models in similar price ranges so all feedback would be appreciated 

Are Lexus expensive to repair? Yes but then with routine servicing and generally good care they don't tend to go wrong. Any car can have issues but Lexus tend to have far fewer than other makes but there's no escaping the fact if it breaks it will be expensive!

The good news is if one uses Lexus for services one gets a pretty good warranty up to 100k miles or 10yrs old.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, NemesisUK said:

Are Lexus expensive to repair? Yes but then with routine servicing and generally good care they don't tend to go wrong. Any car can have issues but Lexus tend to have far fewer than other makes but there's no escaping the fact if it breaks it will be expensive!

The good news is if one uses Lexus for services one gets a pretty good warranty up to 100k miles or 10yrs old.

I think I’m just worried because I’ve never spent this much on a car before. I’ve always got my cars serviced every year and it does come with the warranty so I’m hoping that would cover any issues that might come up although from what I’ve read about Lexus they are super reliable so I don’t expect any issues. We do about 7000 miles a year if that.

I have owned many cars over the years from Minis to Rovers, Volvo to Mercedes but can honestly say that Lexus have proved to be the finest. Ran a NX300H Luxury for 4 years and had absolutely no issues with it. A great car. Since then I have had a NX450h+ and now have a RX450h+ which continue in the expected Lexus tradition. As has been said previously nothing tends to go wrong with them and so routine annual dealer servicing, whilst not exactly cheap, does add warranty cover for a further year up to 10 years and will probably be the only additional maintenance expense other than the usual wear and tear parts of tyres, brakes etc.

Fuel economy on the 300h varies with the season (hybrids are better in the warmth of spring and summer) but during my 4 years of ownership my overall consumption was c41mpg recorded on a brim to brim refuelling basis. Best I achieved was c46mpg (July) and poorest c33.8mpg (March).

My NX300h 2019 model is without any doubt the best car I've ever owned and I can't imagine ever buying another brand at present. I had Nissans before (which weren't bad to be honest). The only problem I've had with this car is that I recently had to pay for trailing arm bush replacements (c.£900) not covered under the warranty and which appears to be a common problem owners are having to pay out for... something to have checked before buying, otherwise I love the car... Hope that helps...

8 hours ago, Steve Oliver said:

My NX300h 2019 model is without any doubt the best car I've ever owned and I can't imagine ever buying another brand at present. I had Nissans before (which weren't bad to be honest). The only problem I've had with this car is that I recently had to pay for trailing arm bush replacements (c.£900) not covered under the warranty and which appears to be a common problem owners are having to pay out for... something to have checked before buying, otherwise I love the car... Hope that helps...

Hi Steve this is very helpful thank you, are there any other common issues to be aware of? The one I’m looking at is a 2021 model so I wonder if that’s been resolved in this version but maybe there’s something else to be wary of. 

me an my wife have been talking about it since test driving and the car seems amazing but we are just fighting with ourselves about the cost at the moment

I bought my NX new in 2018 and once again it came up as an advisory for the trailing arm bush replacements. Besdies wipers and tyres (to be expected) it was faultless. Replacing it soon with a 450h.

I also got an average of 41mpg overall during 6 1/2 years of ownership. I did find that with 4 people up the fuel consumption suffered a bit.

Take a look at the What Car reliability survey link-

https://www.whatcar.com/news/reliability-survey-most-reliable-cars-brands/n26159

The NX comes out well.

When I bought my Lexus UX recently, top of my list was buying from a Lexus Dealer.

A slight premium, yes, but for me, the peace of mind and extras offset that.

• Like 1

My 2015 f-sport has been very reliable, the only costs of running todate has been annual services/MOT, 1 set of wiperblades 2 sets of front tyres and 1 set rear (front and rear will need replacing soon). As it's been serviced at lexus giving me 10yr warranty they've replaced the water pump and rear bushes all under warranty. MPG is 40.6 that's a mix of roads, single driver to fully loaded 4 adults, 4 case's, 4 sets of hand luggage (and I mean fully loaded).

Hope this helps 

Edited by as13
Grammar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just to add to the conversation you can purchase 10 year + warranty after the initial warranty expires at a reasonable cost which also includes breakdown cover but this is not well advertised and you have to ask the dealership as not all are fully aware.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links