Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

400h Satnav update procedure

I asked my local dealer about available Satnav update Disks for my 2009 RX. I was told these ceased in 2017 but that I should try finding one on eBay & was helpfully sent a link to such an item which I've now purchased. The seller's instructions are to disconnect the Battery before inserting the new disc but my dealer said that's not necessary. Has anyone here gone down this path ? - I'd be grateful for advice.

I replaced my disc with a 2018 version from eBay. No need to disconnect the Battery. In fact if you do I don't think you'll get the old disc out as it's a dvd drive in the boot that needs power to open and close the tray, not too mention getting the boot open.

27 minutes ago, wiccan2 said:

In fact if you do I don't think you'll get the old disc out as it's a dvd drive in the boot that needs power to open and close the tray, not too mention getting the boot open.

I imagine they mean just briefly disconnect the Battery and then reconnect to do a hard reset on the Nav computer before performing an upgrade.

Not something I've ever heard of needing to do though.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the responses, Chaps.

In case this is of help to others, here's what happened with my attempt. First off, I couldn't find the DVD player! I knew it was in the boot somewhere & initially thought it would be under the black plastic tray which houses the tools (jack etc). This, however, wouldn't budge so I came back to this forum & found an old thread which told me that access to the player was possible from within the tool tray & I eventually spotted the clip-on cover for the player on the RHS of the far right indentation in the tray. On pressing what I took to be the eject button nothing happened & it was only when by chance I slid the button away from me that the disc came out. I inserted the new disc & turned on the ignition to the accessory position but found the system was not reading the disc. At this point I decided to follow the seller's advice to dis/re-connect the Battery & on re-inserting the disc after a few minutes the system started working ok. On using the car yesterday for the first time since this episode, I found that, although the SatNav was working fine, only the driver's side window was operational. I am now wondering if I have caused this problem by disconnecting the Battery but would in any case be grateful for advice on what to try to restore full window functionality.

Update: thanks to MUDGUTS who responded to my separate post on this problem. His helpful comment was "...you have to lower, then raise all the windows using their own individual switches (the switches in the respective doors)"

18 hours ago, Sherra said:

yes disconnecting the battery wipes the memory for some functions i.e. radio seats windows etc. There is a procedure to reinstate the window function. try a search on the forum for instructions.

I had searched the Forum but found it difficult to narrow the search to make reviewing the resut feasible...

3 minutes ago, DferBfer said:

Update: thanks to MUDGUTS who responded to my separate post on this problem. His helpful comment was "...you have to lower, then raise all the windows using their own individual switches (the switches in the respective doors)"

You will need to do the same with the sunroof, if you have one.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ColinBarber said:

You will need to do the same with the sunroof, if you have one.

Thanks for your interest. There isn't a sunroof switch on the driver's door panel in my car. However now you mention it, I haven't tried the sunroof's 'direct' controls & am now wondering if, when I do, I end up with an open sunroof I can't close (but aren't there usually mechanical back-ups for electric sunroofs - I don't know what the procedure is for the 400h: time to check the manual !) 

4 hours ago, DferBfer said:

Thanks for your interest. There isn't a sunroof switch on the driver's door panel in my car. However now you mention it, I haven't tried the sunroof's 'direct' controls & am now wondering if, when I do, I end up with an open sunroof I can't close (but aren't there usually mechanical back-ups for electric sunroofs - I don't know what the procedure is for the 400h: time to check the manual !) 

I meant the auto function on the sunroof controls. All auto functions (windows/sunroof) need to learn the open/close position before they will operate with one touch - you would just have to keep your finger on the control to make it open fully (and hold for a couple more seconds) then close fully.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links