Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Windows & Sunroof operation from Key Fob

To cut a 4-1/2 year long story of Lexus miserably trying to rectify a simple job of Programming the new Lexus Key which they ordered at £297 because I had lost my spare.

Because they ordered the new key, they said that they would programme it for me from the original key. They assured me that it will only take an hour, when really I could of programmed it myself manually taking 10-15 minutes.

After Lexus taking my car in on numerous occasions over the course to carry out retries and tests, Firstly, telling me that your Driver's Door Lock is at fault. After fitting a new lock they said the problem still exists expecting me to pay for it.

Then they said we are sure it's the Multi-Plex Control Board underneath the Dashboard, they refused to try a new one and said you will have to get one. I supplied them with another Board which also didn't solve the problem.

I was proud of the fact that I could open/close all windows and sunroof together as well as the normal boot which I demonstrated. Lexus have wiped the original back in 2020 and have been trying to put it right since, now I can only start the engine and lock/unlock doors with the original key.  The spare new key doesn't do anything at all saying they can't work it out.

BUT I SAID, if you put the key in the door and hold the key to unlock, Hey presto.....the windows & sunroof open and vice versa as it explains in the handbook. So, the door is still talking to the ECU having the data retained in it's memory banks. 

Lexus have tried fobbing me off with all sorts of excuses and now trying to wipe their hands of it,...... like they did with the key!!

It took Lexus 4 years to tell me that they have had their computer software updated from Lexus so not incorporating this operation from the Key.

Do any of you guys have any idea's with this problem or know where I get or access the original software data?  It would be very much appreciated and then I can stop pulling my hair out !!!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links