Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Thinking of buying a 2020 NX300H some questions please

Good morning, 

Potential new member here with some questions, I currently have a 2016 RSQ3 and am looking at the NX300H and Kia Sportage to replace it.

I have been looking at a 2020 Lexus NX300H, top spec model, I have read loads of reviews and getting conflicting information, so thought I would ask owners:

1) Is is noted by some the car is very slow and not safe to overtake cars and has not power? Is this your real world experience? (Currently have to overtake a tractor on a country road every other day on my journey to work)

2) The ride is described as bouncy and crashy and not great over anything other than a smooth road, is this your experience?

3) Anything else I should know? Be mindful off?

4) Has anyone else changed from a quick car to an NX300H and what has your experience been? 

Thanks for your help. Much appreciated. 

Good morning M,

I haven't driven a 2020 nx, but I  now drive a 2022 nx which I understand is a big improvement to the previous version. If you can stretch your budget, you could test drive one at the dealer and judge for yourself. A bigger and more comfortable car than your Q3 but maybe not as quick? Excellent service from Lexus. Let us know and good luck. 

12 minutes ago, Pm4 said:

Good morning M,

I haven't driven a 2020 nx, but I  now drive a 2022 nx which I understand is a big improvement to the previous version. If you can stretch your budget, you could test drive one at the dealer and judge for yourself. A bigger and more comfortable car than your Q3 but maybe not as quick? Excellent service from Lexus. Let us know and good luck. 

P.S. I believe is now called NX350H.

42 minutes ago, Pm4 said:

Good morning M,

Thanks, I don't think my budget would extend to a 350H or 450H unfortunatly.

Certainly agree its not going to be as quick, however I just want to confirm its safe (able to overtake) and get out of a spot where some quick acceleration is required. 

Need to try and find one to test drive. 

A test drive will be more useful than anecdotes. The CVT gearbox makes the engine sound noisy under hard acceleration but the power is there. You really need to test drive one to see how you find it. The ride is firm compared to my prwevious RX. Not unduly harsh but it depends what you are comparing it with.

Let us know how you get on after a test drive.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links