Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

2017 GS 300h inner tie rod 4k quote !!!

My mechanic told me the inner tie rod needs changing, and Lexus dealership told me that it comes with the WHOLE steering rack ( around £4000 ! )

I asked around and everyone said it's impossible. The problem is, I can't find any aftermarket parts...

I attached below the diagram of the steering rack, maybe someone knows more, and also if there are any other models that share the same steering rack !

Thanks

IMG-20241004-WA0007.jpg

• Sad 1

I don’t know your exact model details but this company sells genuine parts from Japan.

Go to parts catalogue at top of page and find your vehicle 👍🏻

IMG_7597.png

Thank you. I searched using my cars VIN but funny thing is it doesn't come up as the one in your picture. So I can't find that part, because it has no part number...

I guess I'll email them and ask them personally.

Thanks anyway 

The part isn't available on its own - assuming it even comes apart without damaging the rack assembly.

What is wrong with your one? If it hasn't been damaged by misuse (i.e. not from accident damage) then the Lexus Relax warranty should cover the replacement.

Otherwise you would be advised to find a replacement from a breakers or look to an engineering company to strip it down and repair.

3 hours ago, Bob King said:

Does your chassis plate have the vehicle model code ?

This is mine just as an example ..

IMG_7601.jpeg

Yeap got it, it's:

AWL10R-BEXEHW

3 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

The part isn't available on its own - assuming it even comes apart without damaging the rack assembly.

What is wrong with your one? If it hasn't been damaged by misuse (i.e. not from accident damage) then the Lexus Relax warranty should cover the replacement.

Otherwise you would be advised to find a replacement from a breakers or look to an engineering company to strip it down and repair.

I don't know if something is wrong with it, and definitely haven't had any accidents with it, but my mechanic checked it today, all-round, because MOT is due in a week, and he told me I need to change both front ball joints AND the O/S/F inner tie rod...

Checked everywhere and I actually can't find that part, like it doesn't exist... 😕

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links