Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi everyone I have just got my Lexus NX and thought it would be a good idea to get mud flaps fitted. I was told to go to the Toyota parts desk, which I did and there was a large queue and no one at the desk. I didn’t wait. I looked up online how easy it was to fit them myself. There was a video that covered cars up to 2021, it looked fairly easy so I ordered the mud flaps from “Lexus Parts Direct” with the intention of fitting them myself. The mud flaps arrived with no instructions, I thought if they think Joe public shouldn’t need instructions, it must be easy. Then I tried to fit them 🤬.
Most of the fixings are obvious but there were two round fixings that could only be fitted to the front wheel arches at the bottom where there is a square hole. I might be getting old but I was always taught you can’t fit a round peg in a square hole. My advice to anyone considering mud flaps get them fitted, avoid ordering from Lexus parts direct. Their returns procedure seems reluctant to refund if you damage any packaging, I had to open the plastic bags the parts were packed in. I have emailed the person who sold me the car in the hope they can help me. I will keep you posted.

IMG_9661.jpeg

IMG_9663.png

Hi Mike,

First of all, welcome to the LOC.

Funnily enough, I have just recently done exactly the same as you on my NX350h, i.e. order a set of mud flaps from Lexus Parts Direct and fit them myself. If I recall correctly the fixings that you have in your first photo were also included in the set I received however I didn't find a need (or actually anywhere on the bumper) to fit them. 

I admit that fitting the mud flaps was quite a fiddly job but I got there in the end. Here are the instructions that I followed as I went along:-

Fronts:-

(Parts required each side:- 1 clip & 2 screws)
  • Turn wheel to gain access
  • Remove pre-installed push-pin with blade of a screwdriver 
  • Repeat for pre-installed push-pin at the bottom 
  • Look for dimple (above the push-pin)
  • Slide clip over the dimple 
  • Line up mudguard and secure in place with push-pin 
  • Screw in screws above and below the push-pin (bottom one should have the thread already there)
  • Insert push-pin at the bottom 
Rears:-

(Parts required each side:- 3 clips & 3 screws)
  • Slide clips over the 3 dimples 
  • Remove pre-installed push-pin at the bottom 
  • Line up mudguard and secure with the push-pin at the bottom 
  • Screw in the 3 screws (going from top to bottom)

The rears were slightly more tricky as you can't obviously turn the wheels to gain the necessary access to screw in the screws so rather than be forced to remove the wheels I purchased the following, cheap, small ratchet from amazon which did the trick:-

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0B4N2LVLH

I also followed a YouTube video that showed how to fit them on a Gen 2 NX:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1o8ATwuxt0

I hope this helps.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links