Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Wobbly quarter panel help!!

Okay so I bought a used nx300h sport 2017 from a Toyota dealership. It’s a joy to drive and generally in good shape BUT I noticed something quite horrendous the quarter panel has a gap and when you press the panel it goes in and out unlike the other side where it’s rightfully glue. Can you please guide me, the rear light also looks like it’s popping a bit from the edge of the plastic (I care less about this as it’s not something noticeable). According to dealership when I bought it they said it had no history of accidents. 

What can I do? If I call them now they’re going to think I’m nagging them. They already forgot to include the wheel nut which I had to make them search for until they mailed it. Earlier when I bought it the pin inside one of the tyre valves was defective so I had a flat tyre until someone fixed that with a quick swap. I reported everything to the dealership but now it looks like I’m going to be nagging if I call again LOL! 

question: 

what can be done about this? I note one of the plastic parts of the arch is missing a screw so it’s a little wobbly but fine otherwise. 

Will the gap in the panel allow water to go in and create rust? This is my main worry tbh. 

I would be going back to the garage to point this out !

I don't think that you should be concerned regarding water ingress and rust but it's something that should be looked at. Possibly the result of a minor shunt at some point breaking the clips?

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links