Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

CD PLAYER with bluetooth

If they have Bluetooth 5.0 or above they may pair with the LBX but bear in mind the car only supports A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile) for wireless music which means it is only capable of one third the quality of a CD or about the same quality as an MP3. This means the CD player must have the ability to compress music to MP3 format which few if any do. The ones advertised for cars offer a 'aux' output which is OK for older cars but the LBX does not have a aux input. Best options are:

1. Copy music to your phone and connect with Bluetooth but expect only MP3 quality

2. Copy music to your phone in lossy (MP3) or lossless format (.wav or FLAC) and plug your phone into the correct USB-C socket for playback

3. Copy music to a USB stick (many media formats supported) but the LBX only supports a maximum of 32Gb (about 4,000 MP3 tracks or 600 FLAC tracks). You will also need a USB-C compatible memory stick or a USB-A to USB-C adapter

4. Buy a new or s/h apple iPod Touch 7th Generation (only one that works with the LBX) of any size - 16Gb to 256GB - and copy music to that. You can use it with Bluetooth but again you will only get MP3 quality or plug it in and enjoy lossless if you have such files

Bottom line - the LBX is not designed with native CD playback in mind, you need to copy files to a phone, iPod or USB stick

Personally I have a 32GB iPod Touch permanently connected to one of the rear USB charging ports and stored in the centre arm rest (cable easily routed in) and I have it as a Bluetooth source. As soon as the car starts it resumes playing from where it left off if you disable the iPod PIN.

Thanks for the detailed response. This is pretty much as I feared. I'm currently using a USB-C stick but the car doesn't seem very good at reading it (tracks all over the shop, basically). The iPod 7th gen might well be the way to go......

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links