Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

£23,000 Increase in 7 Years. Reasonable?

The list price of the highest spec 2024 LS500h AWD referred to by Lexus Dealers as  the Pleat Trim level is £128,260 incl first year road tax and £23,000 more expensive than it was in December 2017.      The Pleat is basically a Takumi model with a black and rose coloured interior (only colour available with the fancy pleated door cards and Kiriko Glass) but other Takumi models have  door cards with  wood veneers and conventional door card coverings.  However only the semi aniline leather features for the Pleat Trim.   The non pleat Takumi has L- Aniline leather as standard which apparently has an even more soft feel to it than semi aniline leather and cheaper at £122,060.     Another model at £128,260 called the Nishijin is just another variation of trim with black only leather and Haku wood inlays.   The road tax is an eye watering £1650 unto year 5.     As usual in the biggest market for Lexus the list prices for these same cars start at $81,000 base level 2 wheel drive to $117,000 for an AWD version with top trim.    

So another example of the UK having to pay more than any other country  because we always have.    Are these LS cars really worth such a huge price figure.   

The old and ancient Ls400s always had those now expensive super upmarket …….. pleated door cards  👍

The new Ls500 AWD at even £135k doesn’t seem too bad …… the odd £10/20k here or there is oft irrelevant to buyers of brand new cars …….. with money to burn methinks 

Company Tax Efficiency comes  to mind maybe ! 

Malc 

34 minutes ago, SH20 said:

The Pleat is basically a Takumi model with a black and rose coloured interior (only colour available with the fancy pleated door cards and Kiriko Glass) but other Takumi models have  door cards with  wood veneers and conventional door card coverings.  However only the semi aniline leather features for the Pleat Trim.   The non pleat Takumi has L- Aniline leather as standard which apparently has an even more soft feel to it than semi aniline leather

Sounds like money for old rope to me, but, hey I am just a (once) working class grotty old northern pensioner who likes fish and chips and pies from Wigan. I am currently saving up for some fish and chips at the end of the month. If we hit target I may go for broke and get some peas as well.

From the archive, 19 September 1968: A dash of vinegar on the chip shop ...

I fondly remember my old 60s MG and some other sports cars with a crinkled black painted dashboard. Door cards? there weren't any!  I Think it was the Crapumi edition with Shih-Tzumi trim. It must have cost the manufacturers all of £3 to produce.

36 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

The old and ancient Ls400s always had those now expensive super upmarket …….. pleated door cards  👍

The new Ls500 AWD at even £135k doesn’t seem too bad …… the odd £10/20k here or there is oft irrelevant to buyers of brand new cars …….. with money to burn methinks 

Company Tax Efficiency comes  to mind maybe ! 

Malc 

Treat Yourself Malcom You Got Plenty Money..lol

Once the horrendous first 2 or 3 years depreciation has played it's part a high spec car seems like a better option.   My LS500h is the Pleat model and the spec is very very high in all areas and bought as a six year old car. This is where the appeal lies for me because the mileage tends to be modest and the service history also tends to be main dealer. 

Can't say I put too much store in the over egged 10 year extended warranty, mainly because I tried to make a claim for a noisy door window blind which was rejected immediately but that aside the car is an excellent and well made car with great mpg returns.  Would still only buy a really good used vehicle though.      

Me too ……. unless there’s a big big company tax advantage to buying brand new 

I’m only ever buying a great 2nd hand limo ……. and I’m not seeing anything much better for me than my existing beauts 

BUT I’m awaiting with interest the upcoming potential of a Lexus Toyota Hydrogen Power limo …… in my lifetime tho’ I’m really not sure 🤔 

4ltr V8  Lexus limos are ok by me tbh ……. I’ve never hankered after car prestige or one-upmanship ……. getting in and out of a car is today’s big challenge for me ….. capacity for holiday luggage and proven to be capable of a few 000 mile trip too  😄

Mobility aids too one day maybe ( heaven forbid 🤣 ) and that Ls400 cavernous boot …….. what’s better than the Ls400 ( or a pair - just in case 🤔

Spending £125k on a car 🙃 my family would pop me in the loony bin 👌…… justifiably eh ! 

Malc 

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links