Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Ux300e possible next car, what do i need to know?

Well i havent been here in a while 😂 old LS / CT owner.

After several years break to other brands theres a possible return to Lexus with a 2nd hand 300e in consideration 👍🏻

No particular one, id be looking to search and purchase from a dealer. Ideally under 2yrs and low mileage.

Im already a EV convert so dont need any convincing in that respect.😎 

Been out of the Lexus loop for a while so ill research here and on youtube. Is there anything else maybe from owners that would be invaluable information?

My current car is an ev so im well versed in day to day use / charging etc.

Regards

Steve.

Not much to look out for. If your budget can get a newer one with the larger Battery that would be recommended. Sadly Lexus didn't update it to CCS charging, so no matter which year you get you are stuck with Chademo. 

Boot space is poor with the UX, although it is better on the 300e compared to the 250h/300h.

• Thanks 1

Note that the UXe is one of the Lexus models vulnerable to theft (Lexus was the most stolen car brand in 2023, as a percentage of vehicles on the road, because of this issue).

https://mag.lexus.co.uk/lexus-uk-statement-on-vehicle-theft/

Lexus are now rolling out trackers and other solutions to these vehicles, but unlike the hybrid model with the 300h now using a new platform, I don’t believe the UX EV has been updated and so all models are vulnerable.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ColinBarber said:

Not much to look out for. If your budget can get a newer one with the larger battery that would be recommended. Sadly Lexus didn't update it to CCS charging, so no matter which year you get you are stuck with Chademo. 

Boot space is poor with the UX, although it is better on the 300e compared to the 250h/300h.

Thankyou, my budget see’s me looking at newer 2nd hand, new for what id like is unrealistic, +including and since my CT my cars have been new, mrs says im too fussy with them so need something i didn't buy new for a change lol.
Chademo , yeah got that now and id prefer to move to ccs but in real life my furthest trip outa town is one charge to get the return trip. So in reality chademo isnt a real issue for me. My current range is 156 summer / 135 winter so anything i get will be better than that. Boot space not an issue , only shopping. No kids for rear seats just me n the mrs. Tbh the only thing id really like to keep is one pedal driving. Its unfortunate the UX isnt equipped but to return to lexus i think i can live with it. 

2 minutes ago, Tickedon said:

Note that the UXe is one of the Lexus models vulnerable to theft (Lexus was the most stolen car brand in 2023, as a percentage of vehicles on the road, because of this issue).

https://mag.lexus.co.uk/lexus-uk-statement-on-vehicle-theft/

Lexus are now rolling out trackers and other solutions to these vehicles, but unlike the hybrid model with the 300h now using a new platform, I don’t believe the UX EV has been updated and so all models are vulnerable.

Cheers, ive just read through that post now. Something to weigh up for sure

Mine is the short range version. On a full charge it says 165 miles. Which means 100 miles before you start to think you need to charge. Which means you are tied to trips if no more than 50 miles from home. Unless you can find a charger at your destination. Which doesn’t work for me. 

How do you cope in you EV?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links