Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Battery Died and AA has advised a "Battery Maintainer"

We got into the car last night and everything died so we couldn't even open the doors, but the fire brigade found a way to let us out....

thank goodness for Utube.

We do short, infrequent journeys and leave the car in the street; AA man got the car going and suggested we buy a Battery maintainer which plugs into the cigarette lighter. 

In total ignorance, I've found CTEK CONNECT CIG PLUG and MXS 5.0 feel like what we need and would be really grateful for advice, please.

My research says "Please note that the socket must be powered even when ignition is in the ‘Off’ position."

Is this the case with the LBX? It is still dark so I haven't even been able to hunt for the lighter socket yet.

AA man suggested I take it to Halfords but I see that they don't have the adapter in stock.

We had loved the car and all the gimmicks but really regret buying it now and are scared this will happen again.

Thanks so much for your time and advice.

Hi Elaine.

Common across most hybrids due to the small 12v Battery. A better option would be to look for a small solar charger which you can plug into the OBD port or as my dealership did, wired it directly to my 12v Battery with an extension cable which looks awful but, I have had my car for 6 weeks now with around 370km done, and do very little driving and all is fine. I would explore this option as well

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links