Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Resetting TPMS on a 2020 NX 300h after moving wheels

Hi,

I've got a 2020 NX 300h and want to rotate the tyres on it but the garage have said that it may cause the TPMS to have problems if the wheels are registered to specific hubs. Does anyone know if the reset TPMS option in the car menu would sort that or is it something that needs changing through the OBD port and, if it is, would I be able to do that myself if I get a Carista or something similar or is it more involved than that?

Thanks for any help!

it should be fine, just had mine swapped back to front, then two new on the back.
UK TPMS only reports back a low pressure tyre, but not which one.
US models are "corner" specific.

19 minutes ago, That Bloke said:

Hi,

I've got a 2020 NX 300h and want to rotate the tyres on it but the garage have said that it may cause the TPMS to have problems if the wheels are registered to specific hubs. Does anyone know if the reset TPMS option in the car menu would sort that or is it something that needs changing through the OBD port and, if it is, would I be able to do that myself if I get a Carista or something similar or is it more involved than that?

Thanks for any help!

Matt... Same Car Same Year.. Had my lexus in for Service last week and they Remove all 4 Tyres to inspect the Brake Discs/Callipers for Wear..Did Notice Though that the Tyres which were taken of were Fitted back on the same Wheels they came off... So It Could be that the TPMS signal to the Computer Is Correlated to the Dynamics of the Car..Just a Thought..!!! If Anyone Else can Throw any light on this That would be Helpful..TBH Should have asked the Mechanic......!!!!!

Hi,  I am awaiting my first  Lexus car and having watched many! videos and reviews did look at a copy of the NX450H manual.

It does seem to state on that model that tyre rotation can be set up by the owner to reset the system to accommodate tyre movements.

Not sure about 300H model but its worth a browse

Dave

My NX just back from its annual service. I had asked for the tyres to be rotated, as indicated in the manual but the garage said that tyre rotation wasn't included in the servicing schedule. The tyres had been rotated at the last servicing and I had rotated them at the 6 month point. I wasn't worried about the TPMS; if I had a tyre with a low pressure, I figure I would see which one it was; if not, I would have used my tyre pressure gauge to check. The garage kindly rotated the tyres at no cost but did say that their manual allocates 0.8hrs for tyre rotation; swapping the wheels/tyres was easy but reprogramming the system was the bit that took the time.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links