Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Bloody Awful App

I purchased an NX 450+ from new last year having previously owned a Mercedes. The car is fine but the App is a complete waste of time. As a result of the appalling App I will not be buying another Lexus. When will these idiots wake up. You can't sell a quality car with an App that appears to have been designed and built by Stevie Wonder. Complete JAP CRAP!

I agree that the App could and should be a lot better but I wouldn't describe it as crap. Until I got this car, I had never had an App with a car and never felt the need for one. The car drives fantastically and the App neither adds nor detracts from that experience. I use the App for my trip history, EV range and vehicle location and those functions all work fine. I guess it depends on what you're use to and what you expect.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Harrier Man said:

I agree that the App could and should be a lot better but I wouldn't describe it as crap. Until I got this car, I had never had an App with a car and never felt the need for one. The car drives fantastically and the App neither adds nor detracts from that experience. I use the App for my trip history, EV range and vehicle location and those functions all work fine. I guess it depends on what you're use to and what you expect.

I agree, the App does everything you say very well and that is all I require of it. It can do more, but to me those options are not relevant. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Leigh G said:

I purchased an NX 450+ from new last year having previously owned a Mercedes. The car is fine but the App is a complete waste of time. As a result of the appalling App I will not be buying another Lexus. When will these idiots wake up. You can't sell a quality car with an App that appears to have been designed and built by Stevie Wonder. Complete JAP CRAP!

So enlighten us, what would you want the app to do?🤔🤔

Work occasionally.  It is totally unreliable. Sometimes you can lock and unlock the car, set the charge time, set the climate control. All of these functions are useful if they work consistently.  I would have thought Lexus could have included trip mileage in the App but thats clearly beyond them.

Hope you're now enlightened.

• Like 1

I had an E Class in 2017. I would say the Mercedes app and in car navigation, and links between the two were better in the Mercedes that they are in my MY23 ES. And 6 years is a long time in electronics development, so I would imagine the Mercedes apps of today are streets ahead of the Lexus offering.

• Thanks 1

Yes the app isn't much use--but I'm not really interested in a computer game--I want ( and have got) a quiet, comfortable, reliable and well specced car.

I don't spend my life staring moronically at a phone screen.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 9/20/2024 at 8:39 PM, Leigh G said:

You will not buy another car because the company’s app is not very good ?

Your comment (JAP CRAP) says it all for me !

A Tesla will suit you just fine in that case ……… bye. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Leigh G said:

Work occasionally.  It is totally unreliable. Sometimes you can lock and unlock the car, set the charge time, set the climate control. All of these functions are useful if they work consistently.  I would have thought Lexus could have included trip mileage in the App but thats clearly beyond them.

Hope you're now enlightened.

Not really, my app works fine with all of those, although I haven’t tried to use it to set the charge time, this is set in the car.

No problem here with setting climate, locking, unlocking or viewing trips (which incidentally include distance travelled for each trip)

It’s not brilliant but it is usable. But then I bought a car not a gimmick!

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, DavidCM said:

Yes the app isn't much use--but I'm not really interested in a computer game--I want ( and have got) a quiet, comfortable, reliable and well specced car.

I don't spend my life staring moronically at a phone screen.

Good for you.

On 9/20/2024 at 8:39 PM, Leigh G said:

Stevie Wonder designs Apps? I can't see it myself.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links