Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Hi guys

Hope you're good, bad timing for it but happened to have a fairly significant MOT fail with a number of issues, some are largely simple but two are causing issues with the garage unable to find parts. Hoping you guys with your expertise will be able to assist.

Do not drive until repaired (dangerous defects):

• Offside Rear Brake hose damaged and likely to fail (1.1.12 (a)) 

Repair immediately (major defects):

• Nearside Windscreen wiper does not clear the windscreen effectively (3.4 (b) (ii))
  • Exhaust Lambda reading after 2nd fast idle outside specified limits (8.2.1.2 (c))
  • Nearside Stop lamp(s) with a multiple light source more than 1/2 not functioning (4.3.1 (a) (ii))
  • Nearside Rear Direction indicator with a multiple light source more than 1/2 not functioning (4.4.1 (a) (ii))
  • Nearside Front Electronic stability control component excessively damaged sensor linkage missing (7.12 (c))

Monitor and repair if necessary (advisories):

• Offside Front Shock absorbers has light misting of oil (5.3.2 (b))

The one I'm having trouble with is the Front Electronic stability control component , cant seem to find a part and neither can the local garage I took it to. And hes unable to find a brake line hose, the rest of the issues I can take care of fairly easily (My aftermarket tail light failed) so popping the the OEM back In to get it through an MOT and the lambda issue is caused by a minor exhaust leak which they can resolve.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Brake hose is readily available just Google the part number to see options available ( 90947-02F71 ) LPD also have them for around £60.00

Do you have any more information on the stability sensor, the only part of the system with a linkage is on the rear as far as I can see.

IMG_1998.png

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

Brake hose is readily available just Google the part number to see options available ( 90947-02F71 ) to see options, LPD also have them for around £60.00

Do you have any more information on the stability sensor, the only part of the system with a linkage is on the rear as far as I can see.

IMG_1998.png

Cheers Steve, the guy at the garage mentioned it was some kind of linkage that was missing and you may need the whole assembly for it but don't know much else as far as I can tell 

• Like 1

OK after further searching I think he means the front near side height sensor as this is the only associated component that has a mechanical linkage.

These are a common failure due to their alloy construction and they fracture at one end at the ball joint.

Jon Evans a member on here actually designed a replacement for the LS400 but this could easily be modified for the IS250.

You could buy the complete sensor for around £450.00 or just get the link made with some threaded bar and a couple of swivel joints and just replace that.

Link below is Jon’s solution, you just need to match the length for the IS250.

https://www.evansweb.info/2009/11/23/ls400-ride-height-sensor-repair/

If you could confirm this is the problem with the MOT tester I would be happy to make you one, I’m also just over the county border in Derbyshire so could also fit it for you for the cost of my fuel and a few beer tokens 😀

IMG_2004.pngThis should be the part, but obviously I can make one for a fraction of that price!

https://tinyurl.com/yrfvxsbv

Or if you’re feeling flush the Lexus price for the complete assembly.

IMG_2005.png

I had to replace a rear brake hose a few weeks back due to it leaking. I intended to change it myself and  got one from eBay for just over £20 and it arrived within 24hrs.

Long story short, I couldn't fit it as I couldn't even get the old one off as the metal brake pipes were so extremely corroded and weak - they were just twisting and on the brink of snapping when I made any attempt to remove the hose.

I ended up having to get a local garage to fit new hoses and replace the sections of rotten piping on both sides.

Now yours might not be as bad as mine were, Bilal, but just thought I might warn of what could be in store.

The stability control component is interesting. Could the tester be talking about the headlamp level sensor? It's found on the nearside and has a rod linkage...

89406-53020-1.thumb.jpg.25bbd1335a5be0799c2e698674fe12cf.jpg

Looking at parts diagrams, the actual skid control sensor just looks like a wire of sorts - Diagram

toyota-8951622040-1561918713122-big.thumb.jpg.47d11ea11adde1bbd46202167c8929c0.jpg

I came to the same conclusion John regarding the linkage.

Same re the brake hoses, I purchased a set of BF Goodridge hoses for my old 94 Celsior and gave up on the first position near side rear due to pipe twisting.

Still in the “shed” if anyone wants them.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links