Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Glitch or proper warning?

This morning a little message briefly came on the screen at startup, not a warning light, just saying brake oil ( sic ) low contact your dealer.

OK, so I checked, no leaks, full fluid to the brim as usual.  Next I deleted the message and it asked to confirm brake fluid changed so I said yes ( it hasn't ) but it was serviced only 1000 miles ago or less.  No more messages.   I may ring the dealer but he will say bring it in. For what? Everything seems OK. No brake warning light, no more message.

Anyone else had this little message ?

2 hours ago, GMB said:

This morning a little message briefly came on the screen at startup, not a warning light, just saying brake oil ( sic ) low contact your dealer.

OK, so I checked, no leaks, full fluid to the brim as usual.  Next I deleted the message and it asked to confirm brake fluid changed so I said yes ( it hasn't ) but it was serviced only 1000 miles ago or less.  No more messages.   I may ring the dealer but he will say bring it in. For what? Everything seems OK. No brake warning light, no more message.

Anyone else had this little message ?

I Would Say If You Do Anything Do Nothing..!!!! as you Rightly Say Little Gremlin...

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the feedback Ron, I agree entirely. I will just keep a lookout for any warning lights in the future. All good so far! 🤞🙂

BTW after looking to solve this I discovered the setup screen with maintenance ( where I could delete the message )  Very handy, plus it proves that it was a maintenance message and not a warning.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links