Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

The LBX, New Zealand and Me.

Hi I'm from NZ and have been trying to find info out about the LBX. It seems the UK Lbx might have different "features" So I thought I would ask a few questions.

People here have mentioned apps for things. I'm one of those people who think a cell phone is just for ringing out on, in emergencies. What will I miss out on if I don't use a phone?

Do I really need over 1000 pages of manuals? I'm not flying an A380. My present 2014 Corolla has a a 400 pg manual with 170 more for just the radio and entertainment system.

I'm told, to get satnav I need a cell phone to link with it, or download the program to use it. I would have thought if Lexus is a "luxury car" satnav would just be built in. What is the UK situation?

I'm also told the "Hey Lexus" option is limited here in NZ. What does it do in the UK?

I also read that overseas the LBX has an imbedded SIM card, is this for upgrading an inbuilt satnav system or giving out traffic updates, none if which is available here.

Can any potentially annoying bings and bongs and audio warnings be turned off? Either collectively or individually.

I'm also a bit concerned that I would be driving a computer operating system (with it's inevitable problems) with a car attached.

Thanks all my little rant is over for now 😄.

My LBX is most dependant on my Iphone connectivity which auto connects CarPlay enabling Verbal commands to key needs.

You can drive without any phone connected but the car will not perform as intended.

Tel

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links