Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Nx300h MM17/19 latest software updates

Hello,

My friend bought a 70 plate (second half of 2020) NX 300h. He tried to update his maps since they are 2019 v2, but it asks for a license key which (as per google) can cost anything from £99 to £239 from the dealership. If we go to the e-store, the map update is £119. His car has wireless apple Carplay that works with a USB dongle that sits in the storage compartment under the armrest. He does not have a touch screen, and can be operated via trackpad only. We checked the software version on his car and the versions are as follows:

Model ID DCU 17LDL2EU-DB30

Model ID MEU 17ML2EU-FB10

Audio 1075

Navigation 1140

navdb_version 2019 v2 (which we can upgrade by paying £119).

So couple of questions:

Is there a newer version of software available? If we go to e-store via the car, or login to lexus-tech.eu and pay 4 euros for 1 hour, we are only offered map updates, and no software update. Or is it the case that updating the maps also updates the Audio and Navigation version?

He has been to the Lexus dealership and they said the has the latest software. The "NA" version of the software seems to available for download online, but the "EU" version is not. What am I missing?

EDIT: Just wanted to update and that in the Step -> General section (or thereabouts) it states that he has MM19 premium version. So I checked the lexus-tech.eu website, and I can see a couple of TSB's relating to MM19. Will this contain the software update? Screenshot attached.

Screenshot2024-09-18095338.thumb.jpg.63707335f0133da86c217c682f8dd100.jpg

Screenshot2024-09-18094957.thumb.jpg.f4fdb829e17444489c5f446ac357323b.jpg

Thanks.

Shreyas

Logged into lexus-tech.eu and it seems that DCU version has been superseded in TSB BE-00380L-TME. The new version is 1171 (upgrade from 1075). 

For upgrading the MEU, there is a running change 6 for TSB BE-00192L-TME. The new version is 1170 (upgrade from 1140). Screenshots attached.

Screenshot 2024-09-18 100951.jpg

Screenshot 2024-09-18 101010.jpg

Screenshot 2024-09-18 101454.jpg

Screenshot 2024-09-18 101823.jpg

Screenshot 2024-09-18 101837.jpg

Screenshot 2024-09-18 101851.jpg

Screenshot 2024-09-18 102045.jpg

@pobrown Just found your fantastic thread regarding the upgrade procedure. Hopefully you can upgrade to latest version as well in case you already haven't. If the upgrade works on my friends car, I will happily share the update files. Not sure if it's allowed though.

7 minutes ago, tranceporter said:

Will it be possible for the Mods to change the title to MM19 (remove MM17) please? MM17 software version numbers are 1540/50/60 and not 1140. Sorry about this.

Be careful when updating the DCU software.  Early versions have working voice commands for playing music from a usb disk ("play album XXXX"), but it is broken in later versions.  Look at the bugs that are fixed and see if they outweigh the loss of that.  If the use is mainly apple car play or AA, then this may all be academic in any case.  Gracenote is also deleted in newer versions (which is good for anyone still playing CDs as it has cover art etc).

The latest MEU releases (the navigation software) seem fine.  For me they removed bugs without introducing new ones.  (the actual map data is different to the navigation software), although you already have 1140 which contained the most useful fix - showing the street name.  But IMHO you may as well update the MEU.  I have not come across any downsides to that one.

Paul

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links