Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Car tracking left issue solved

Paul29

Hi

There is a separate post about the original problem I was experiencing, but it was becoming long, and for ease of reading I wanted to post the solution as a separate thread in case this works for someone else. Also I could not seem to edit the title to solved  

Original post below for info. 

It seems that the issue that was the cause of the car pulling left despite multiple alignments was an asymmetry in the position of the bonnet on the left and right side, affecting the aerodynamics of the car. 

when the bonnet was closed I noticed a bigger gap on the passenger side than on the driver side, and also the bonnet was sticking up about 2cm on the right under the passenger side windscreen, which was causing the car to drift. 

A sharp press on the bonnet to even both surfaces immediately fixed the car pulling left. 

Looking at both the bonnet and the boot, the finish is poor, with slight variances beteeen the gap on drivers and passenger sides. 

In hindsight I noticed this before, and noticed it on other IS300’s aswell, but never thought it would affect the handling of the car…..well it does. 

I hope this helps someone. I was losing my mind with this issue. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Paul29 said:

Hi

There is a separate post about the original problem I was experiencing, but it was becoming long, and for ease of reading I wanted to post the solution as a separate thread in case this works for someone else. Also I could not seem to edit the title to solved  

Original post below for info. 

It seems that the issue that was the cause of the car pulling left despite multiple alignments was an asymmetry in the position of the bonnet on the left and right side, affecting the aerodynamics of the car. 

when the bonnet was closed I noticed a bigger gap on the passenger side than on the driver side, and also the bonnet was sticking up about 2cm on the right under the passenger side windscreen, which was causing the car to drift. 

A sharp press on the bonnet to even both surfaces immediately fixed the car pulling left. 

Looking at both the bonnet and the boot, the finish is poor, with slight variances beteeen the gap on drivers and passenger sides. 

In hindsight I noticed this before, and noticed it on other IS300’s aswell, but never thought it would affect the handling of the car…..well it does. 

I hope this helps someone. I was losing my mind with this issue. 

I will give a try to my car, as I have given upon the issue already .... But, I will perform it when I will get new tyres, due December 24. 

13 hours ago, Paul29 said:

the bonnet was sticking up about 2cm on the right under the passenger side windscreen

For the bonnet to be sticking up about 2cm on just one side seems very surprising. This is such a big gap that it would be impossible not to notice the need for it to be repaired. How could it get like this? Was the metal bent? Had the popup hood been activated? Had the car been in an accident and had the bonnet badly repaired (or not repaired at all)? It would be interesting to see pictures to clarify what you're describing.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links