Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Lexus partners with Tracker to enhance vehicle security

On 9/16/2024 at 4:08 PM, WhiteHart said:

Having read the Lexus press release "Lexus partners with Tracker to enhance vehicle security" that Lexus put out on 12th September; I called my dealer. I was told by the dealer that they would not fit a tracker as I have a Ghost fitted which they said was much better than the tracker and could be hard to fit as the Ghost is already fitted. I only know what they tell me 🙂

I would get back to your dealer.  I have just had a tracker fitted, the dealer was aware that I already had a Ghost 2. They fitted it without any problems.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Japling said:

I would get back to your dealer.  I have just had a tracker fitted, the dealer was aware that I already had a Ghost 2. They fitted it without any problems.

What was the model of tracker installed ?

1 hour ago, IGR said:

What was the model of tracker installed ?

Tracker Retrieve, its a single use tracker. They also fit a OBD, once it is fitted you get a email from Tracker with details of how to download the Tracker app.

Thanks - interesting that it's that model. I had a look on the Tracker site and according to the feature comparison, the Retrieve doesn't support the use of the app or geofencing, which were mentioned in the press release. It looked more likely to be the Locate version... but I suppose anything is better than nothing....

https://www.tracker.co.uk/products/retrieve-battery-powered

1 hour ago, IGR said:

Thanks - interesting that it's that model. I had a look on the Tracker site and according to the feature comparison, the Retrieve doesn't support the use of the app or geofencing, which were mentioned in the press release. It looked more likely to be the Locate version... but I suppose anything is better than nothing....

https://www.tracker.co.uk/products/retrieve-battery-powered

I think it is the OBD device that supports the app and geofencing.

Just think, Lexus could have just got a bulk order of an S5 tracker with driver recognition & no tag = no start which would help cure both the theft issue & also the insurance issue. 

Instead you get two separate easy to install devices & the thieves can still drive the vehicle away 🙄

It does seem a bit cheap by Lexus.  One concern with fitting something on the OBD port is how easily removable it is by a thief. I'd read that they plugged something into the OBD port to program a new key so they could just pull the tracker unit out & drop it out the door, unless it is somehow locked in place on the OBD port.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2024 at 4:08 PM, WhiteHart said:

Having read the Lexus press release "Lexus partners with Tracker to enhance vehicle security" that Lexus put out on 12th September; I called my dealer. I was told by the dealer that they would not fit a tracker as I have a Ghost fitted which they said was much better than the tracker and could be hard to fit as the Ghost is already fitted. I only know what they tell me 🙂

I have my NX F sport fitted with Ghost2 & scorpion tracker with no issue so they could fit the tracker.

Also a guy working on Toyota told me they are fitting Ghost2 & trackers for the Rav4 it should be same for NX.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have got in touch with Lexus UK and their reply has informed me that my car NX450 MY24 is "Upon checking our system, I found that your vehicle is not eligible for the TRACKER and OBD device campaign. This is because it was built on a different platform that prevents criminals from accessing the vehicle in the same way." All this is good news, why no one could tell me this sooner.

They have shown me why I go to Lexus, they still offer some old school service and offered me a free Tracker which I have accepted. This is why this is my second Lexus and in year or so I will be looking at Lexus again

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links