Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Lexus partners with Tracker to enhance vehicle security

Having read the Lexus press release "Lexus partners with Tracker to enhance vehicle security" that Lexus put out on 12th September; I called my dealer. I was told by the dealer that they would not fit a tracker as I have a Ghost fitted which they said was much better than the tracker and could be hard to fit as the Ghost is already fitted. I only know what they tell me 🙂

• Haha 2

Hi Kev had tracker fitted last Friday different between yours and mine yours try’s to them stop stealing it mine they have to catch them after they have stolen it think you have better deterrent only tracker was fitted free sooner have had the ghost just might go the distance and have one.

• Like 2

Just had a call out of the blue from my local dealer to arrange a date for me to have the tracker fitted to my NX350h (yes, they called me rather than the reverse 😀).

I didn't think they were offering it to Gen 2:NX owners as I was under the impression that that particular model wasn't prone to the canbus vulnerability. Anyway, not wishing to look a gift horse in the mouth, I have the car booked in for Thursday. 

I realise that the type of tracker being offered has it's limitations but it's better than nothing plus it may help with insurance renewal costs, especially considering that I am currently with Lexus Insurance. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Andy B said:

Just had a call out of the blue from my local dealer to arrange a date for me to have the tracker fitted to my NX350h (yes, they called me rather than the reverse 😀).

I didn't think they were offering it to Gen 2:NX owners as I was under the impression that that particular model wasn't prone to the canbus vulnerability. Anyway, not wishing to look a gift horse in the mouth, I have the car booked in for Thursday. 

I realise that the type of tracker being offered has it's limitations but it's better than nothing plus it may help with insurance renewal costs especially considering that I am currently with Lexus Insurance. 

That's an interesting development!

Can anyone confirm if having a Tracker fitted does affect the insurance cost these days because when I enquired about this a few years ago the answer was 'No'.

I used to fill in my online insurance quote stating that I didn't have a Tracker and then, on getting the quote, amended to say that I did have a Tracker. Guess what the difference in quote was?

Had reply back from my dealer and they said my car (2024 350h) is not eligible for the tracker, so at least I know. 

Does seem odd that some 350/450’s are getting them fitted… maybe it’s by production date? Personally I thought all Gen 2’s had the latest safety gear, but maybe not …. 

26 minutes ago, Ken R said:

That's just adding to the confusion as I was under the impression that NX350h/450h did not require this?!?

Exactly my thoughts, it even says so in the Press release Toyota/Lexus emailed to me, so I am just confused as to why some Gen 2’s are having them fitted. 

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, stepppy said:

Had reply back from my dealer and they said my car (2024 350h) is not eligible for the tracker, so at least I know. 

Does seem odd that some 350/450’s are getting them fitted… maybe it’s by production date? Personally I thought all Gen 2’s had the latest safety gear, but maybe not …. 

My 350h was a very early build (December 2021) however I would imagine/hope that it has the new security protocols. 

I must admit that I'm half expecting my dealer to call me before Thursday (or even on the day) and say that there's been a mix-up and unfortunately my car isn't eligible. But until that happens I will keep schtum 😉

• Like 1

I have an appointment next week for a recall at which the dealer will also fit a tracker together with some further security updates - was originally booked in this week but Lexus UK has released further updates and the dealer is awaiting for the parts to arrive, hence the delay until next week.  Both Lexus UK and the dealer have confirmed that my 2022 built NX is not susceptible to the CANBUS injection theft, which ties in with the Lexus press release.  Maybe they are reacting to those of us who continually complain to Lexus UK HO and the dealer about the shocking after sales customer service in recent years  - this from a Lexus owner of various models over 20 years.

19 hours ago, Ken R said:

That's just adding to the confusion as I was under the impression that NX350h/450h did not require this?!?

Ken.......that is certainly the case with the plug in 450h but not the Gen 1 NX350h

1 hour ago, Hayzee said:

Ken.......that is certainly the case with the plug in 450h but not the Gen 1 NX350h

Gen 1 is 300h, Gen 2 is 350h, which according to all the blurb is not eligible for the tracker, so I am still confused as to why some Gen 2’s are getting them

As yet I have not heard of any Gen2 attempted thefts so maybe the crim’s know they are protected, unless I have missed that of course 🤔

9 minutes ago, stepppy said:

Gen 1 is 300h, Gen 2 is 350h, which according to all the blurb is not eligible for the tracker, so I am still confused as to why some Gen 2’s are getting them

As yet I have not heard of any Gen2 attempted thefts so maybe the crim’s know they are protected, unless I have missed that of course 🤔

After (and only after 😀) I have had the tracker installed tomorrow I may ask the question as to why Lexus felt it necessary to install it on my Gen 2. If so, I will report back here. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links