Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

LEXUS IS250 INTERIOR REPLACEMENT DUE HORRIBLE DOOR CARDS

TomsIs250

Hi guys,

I am new in forum and recently bought Is250 Automatic 2008. 

Looking to change the door cards, but to have something done on the existing ones, quite pricy. So, decided to just change all interior including seats with door cards.

My question has anyone done this before and also, I don't have front electric adjusting seats, got the levers but with heating.

If I buy the seats that are electric adjusted, is there connections for them? Or they just won't work on plug and play basis, also, if there is a empty fuse for that purpose?

Thank you very much in advance and will be scrolling through this forum a lot 🙂 🙂

15 hours ago, TomsIs250 said:

Hi guys,

I am new in forum and recently bought Is250 Automatic 2008. 

Looking to change the door cards, but to have something done on the existing ones, quite pricy. So, decided to just change all interior including seats with door cards.

My question has anyone done this before and also, I don't have front electric adjusting seats, got the levers but with heating.

If I buy the seats that are electric adjusted, is there connections for them? Or they just won't work on plug and play basis, also, if there is a empty fuse for that purpose?

Thank you very much in advance and will be scrolling through this forum a lot 🙂 🙂

I have swapped an interior of my old IS250 because it was cream microsuede (sport model) so not only everything was really dirty, but the seats also smelt really bad and I didn't like it anyway. Found a breaker and part exchanged my interior with some cash for the black leather interior from a facelift car and used 3rd gen (IS300h) front seats to go with it all. 

It's all very easy to swap over. Everything just pops out, and is very easy to put back together. As for the seats, you will most likely be missing some plugs, so without being able to wire it all up, somehow, it's not gonna be a straight forward job. I went from heated electric seats to heated manual seats from the IS300h. Also, just so you know.. electric seats don't go as low as manual seats. Something to keep in mind if you're tall and like to sit a bit lower.

I'd suggest taking the seats out, it's just 4x (14mm IIRC) bolts and see what plugs you have available. If you have some blank ones, shouldn't be an issue. If there's nothing, well.. there's your answer. Might just have to go for IS300h front manual seats. They look better. Although I never quite figured out why the heat didn't work. Passenger side plugged in, but didn't work, and driver's side was a different plug for some reason..

Hello H3XME,

Thank you for sharing your experience. Looks like on the weekend will pull the seat out and have a look and will give a good clean at the same time.

Thank you again for Input and to see I an not the only one who is doing this 🙂

I will keep this updated with info once checked.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TomsIs250 said:

Hello H3XME,

Thank you for sharing your experience. Looks like on the weekend will pull the seat out and have a look and will give a good clean at the same time.

Thank you again for Input and to see I an not the only one who is doing this 🙂

I will keep this updated with info once checked.

Sometimes a car manufacturer will use the same wiring loom on all specs of a particular car so you may be lucky!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links