Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Blind spot monitor

Probably very expensive. You would need new mirrors and the sensors to detect the objects in the blind spot plus the electronics. I would think it would be cheaper to sell the car and buy one with it fitted already. 

You used to be able to get mirrors to stick on the side mirrors that would show the blind spot. 

• Like 2

I was also wondering this the sensors are already in place, but I presume it would require new mirrors/glass. I would think the loom is also universal. Can't understand why they aren't standard.

1 hour ago, Tony1313 said:

I would think the loom is also universal. Can't understand why they aren't standard.

Manufacturers can save ££££s by not including connectors and wires that are not required. Certainly been my experience with Mercedes where just one wire was omitted from the windscreen washer loom to enable the installation of headlamp washers!

55 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

The radar sensors are expensive. They certainly won’t be there if the vehicle’s spec doesn’t include them. 

Are the radar sensors not the  reversing sensors.

1 hour ago, NemesisUK said:

Manufacturers can save ££££s by not including connectors and wires that are not required. Certainly been my experience with Mercedes where just one wire was omitted from the windscreen washer loom to enable the installation of headlamp washers!

Ah right, just thought the loom would be standard and the added hardware would be the expensive bit.

8 minutes ago, Tony1313 said:

Are the radar sensors not the  reversing sensors.

No, the reversing sensors are low range ultrasonic sensors. The radar sensors fitted in the rear wings/bumper of the vehicle which are used for rear traffic crossing alert and blind spot monitoring use millimetre radar which have a longer range - the two serve different purposes, where the radar needs movement so wouldn't be useful for stationary objects when slowly parking.

26 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

No, the reversing sensors are low range ultrasonic sensors. The radar sensors fitted in the rear wings/bumper of the vehicle which are used for rear traffic crossing alert and blind spot monitoring use millimetre radar which have a longer range - the two serve different purposes, where the radar needs movement so wouldn't be useful for stationary objects when slowly parking.

Okay, thank you.

I have to say... having driven a car with them, I found them distracting.

Especially on the motorway.

Happy not to have them and go 'old school'.

• Like 1

You can’t avoid them on all but the entry level 300h because it’s part of the safety system.   I like them and they also form part of the rear cross traffic alert (which is fantastic) and door monitoring system.  The wiring is modular so for instance, the US model has a kick sensor rear door and we don’t.  I checked and the wiring for it isn’t there.  It might be just plugs if it’s part of the main loom but even then it might not be plug and play, it might need activating and or other modules.   You can access the entire wiring diagrams on Lexus Techdoc.  I’ve circled them on this LBX I fitted a towbar on.  

IMG_0641.jpeg

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links