Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Frozen left leg in climate control

Hi all. I wonder if anyone has experienced this.  I normally keep the Climate control on auto but on a couple of occasions lately it was particularly cold at the driver's feet. Directing the flow to face level only worked for the passenger side but not the driver's side. On other occasions it seems to work ok. For a long time I have noticed an occasional low pitch screech when auto mode changes the air flow. I imagine the noise to be from a servo motor opening or closing a stiff flap. Could this be a sign that this is failing or something needs lubricating? Any input before letting a technician loose on it would be appreciated.

1 hour ago, Ian2015 said:

Could this be a sign that this is failing or something needs lubricating? Any input before letting a technician loose on it would be appreciated.

It certainly seems so based on your description. This is not a common issue for the NX being discussed on these forums - perhaps they are now coming of age when this starts to become an issue. It should be covered under Relax warranty if your vehicle is under 100k miles and have had your vehicle serviced at a Lexus dealer within the last year/10k miles.

Hi Colin. I must confess I haven't heard of "Relax Warranty" despite the car being Lexus serviced since new. I thought the Hybrid Battery was the only item continuosly covered (up to 10 yrs/10k miles) if service by a Lexus dealership. I'll have to investigate. I recently paid over £700 to get a leaky condenser replaced - The Lexus dealership who supplied the replacement never mentioned that could be covered under warranty! Ian

1 hour ago, Ian2015 said:

Hi Colin. I must confess I haven't heard of "Relax Warranty" despite the car being Lexus serviced since new.

Here is more info:

https://www.lexus.co.uk/owners/warranty/lexus-warranty

A condensor is covered by this extended warranty although perhaps it was damaged by an external object in which case it wouldn't be covered.

Heater flaps and motors are explicitly stated as being covered by the warranty so if your vehicle qualifies then it should be fixed FOC.

Thanks Colin, I'll give my local dealership a shout tomorrow. Regarding the condenser, it's a good chance it was damaged by a stone/s - it makes me feel better to assume this!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links