Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Is it me....?

Well, got my car back from the dealer after they had - finally - replaced my door mirror and looked into the rotational rubbing sounds coming from underneath as well as the juddering I'd previously reported (for which, at the moment, they've fitted 2 new front tyres).  I'm told I'll get to speak to the technician that worked on it sometime on Monday.  However on the drive home, I note the car still appears to suffer from the following:

1.  Juddering/shimmying when the car is under load, most notably going up an incline (it will either be in the mid Eco band or mid Power band).  This can last up to around 10 secs or so, normally up to the point I release pressure on the loud pedal.

2.  I'm now getting a quick fire vibration through the steering wheel.  It was most noticeable during the first part of my journey home, but was still evident by the time I got home just over 2 hours later, but less so.

3. At one point, I'd stopped in traffic - still in Drive mode - with my foot on the brake.  Engine came on and it was what can best be described as 'chugging'....not running smoothly.  I pulled away, obviously under load as I was (gently) accelerating, and there was the juddering again.  

4.  The car is pretty much ultra smooth when I've lifted off the loud pedal going down an incline.  I thought that a Lexus should drive like this all the time.

5.  The ride is still 'fidgety' (which I can live with if that is a characteristic of the way an F Sport UX 250h drives), but I'm somehow now reluctant to invite any form of acceleration - especially up hills - as I know the car will start to shake, not violently you understand, but enough to tell me that something could be amiss.

6.  What is the way ahead?  I'm not saying anything to anyone - except you guys - until I speak to a technician on Monday and get his thoughts.  After that?  Who knows, but bottom line I'm not 100% happy with it.

Is it indeed me, or do UX 250h's drive like this, and suffer from these issues?  Have I been spoilt - to an extent - by having owned a BMW 325i for the past 10 years and which had a 3 litre naturally aspirated straight six petrol engine (the smoothest engine I've ever known)?

Guys, I'd really appreciate any detailed thoughts you might have🙂

• Sad 1

What you have is not normal so will need to be investigated further, No Morden car will be as smooth as a v6. I've had a few over the years, and they have all been exceptional 

2 hours ago, Pauly C said:

Is it indeed me, or do UX 250h's drive like this, and suffer from these issues?  Have I been spoilt - to an extent - by having owned a BMW 325i for the past 10 years and which had a 3 litre naturally aspirated straight six petrol engine (the smoothest engine I've ever known)?

I've never noticed the issues you describe with my UX. Obviously the engine isn't as smooth as an I6 engine, and you do notice it starting up/shutting down unlike a V6 GS450h/RX450h, but it doesn't judder/vibrate.

• Like 1

It’s not easy to be conclusive on a description and you know mine and the 10 month old one I had from new previously both have a bit of resonating going on but they were/are both very smooth and yes, they can be as smooth as a V8, never mind a V6 - that is down to the inline 4 being quite smooth and the hydraulic engine mountings.  However, it seems there is something more with yours but if you’ve not had it from new, you might have trouble identifying the exact cause.   Have you broached the subject of rejecting it?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Tel said:

Choose Decline when the second screen appears on Start-Up.

Tel

8 hours ago, Don C said:

It’s not easy to be conclusive on a description and you know mine and the 10 month old one I had from new previously both have a bit of resonating going on but they were/are both very smooth and yes, they can be as smooth as a V8, never mind a V6 - that is down to the inline 4 being quite smooth and the hydraulic engine mountings.  However, it seems there is something more with yours but if you’ve not had it from new, you might have trouble identifying the exact cause.   Have you broached the subject of rejecting it?

No to your last Don.  Bought it early August so understand I’m outside of the 30 day window, but of course inside the 6 month window. My starter for 10 will be a chat with a tekky tomorrow., and he’ll get all the details, along with my frustrations.  I see that stopping using my car would appear to strengthen my case, but not sure that’s an option. By continuing to use it, I run the risk of having a greater chunk of money being taken off any refund. I will see what the tekky guys says before deciding my strategy.☹️

• Like 3

OK if I had this issue I would insist on an engine diagnostic report or just go to a good independent garage and plug the analyser in for a printed report. Then get the dealer to sort out the faults and re-do the test for all green lights    First impressions that I got from your list of issues was spark plug or HT lead breakdown but it sounds a wee bit more complex. Next check is dirty fuel or water in the fuel and blocked fuel filter??   Best of luck!

• Like 3

59 minutes ago, GMB said:

OK if I had this issue I would insist on an engine diagnostic report or just go to a good independent garage and plug the analyser in for a printed report. Then get the dealer to sort out the faults and re-do the test for all green lights    First impressions that I got from your list of issues was spark plug or HT lead breakdown but it sounds a wee bit more complex. Next check is dirty fuel or water in the fuel and blocked fuel filter??   Best of luck!

The thought of a bad plug has crossed my mind tbh.  Thanks for your thoughts Gray….I will prep some notes before I speak to someone today. They obviously took it out for a test drive or two whilst they had it for the week….overall  MPG had gone down by over 5 MPG and not a lot of fuel left in it😉

• Sad 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links