Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

My car is going to Osaka shortly for its 20th annual service and I just had a look on Autotrader to see what 430's are going for. Wow! 

4 out of 7 asking for £7,500 or more. And none of them have my combo of 2004 facelift (cheaper road tax), 2 owners, and only 70,000 miles. 

Of course these are asking prices, not sales, and one owner seems to be a bit of a fantasist, judging by this. I drive like a nun, and can't get near these mpg numbers 😄
Average mpg 29 town, 38 motorway, 75L fuel tank with 500 mile range. Private plate also for sale. Next MOT due 28/08/2025, Full service history, Blue, 5+ owners, £8,500

28 minutes ago, jonthetourist said:

Average mpg 29 town, 38 motorway, 75L fuel tank with 500 mile range. Private plate also for sale. Next MOT due 28/08/2025, Full service history, Blue, 5+ owners, £8,500

When someone writes an advert and it is blatantly clear they are exaggerating then the rest of the wording becomes suspicious.

Whenever I read a dealer or private advert that says "Fully loaded" I just cringe.

• Like 4

I'll be ok then 🙂 2 owners from new (with me being the 2nd) 2005 registered 2006 with 92,000 miles timing belt done, radiator done and recent service MOT and valet. I have the 7 year itch and unless my sensible brain kicks in I may try and punt it on for.....  well....... that's the thing... what? only seen one contender and that was a 2007 600H the only downside that I could see was it was fitted with cheap budget tyres, and that to me on a LS is a bit of a red flag  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BMCWP said:

I'll be ok then 🙂 2 owners from new (with me being the 2nd) 2005 registered 2006 with 92,000 miles timing belt done, radiator done and recent service MOT and valet. I have the 7 year itch and unless my sensible brain kicks in I may try and punt it on for.....  well....... that's the thing... what? only seen one contender and that was a 2007 600H the only downside that I could see was it was fitted with cheap budget tyres, and that to me on a LS is a bit of a red flag  

Every LS I've ever parted with has left me asking myself "why?" Don't do it!

• Like 2

15 hours ago, The-Acre said:

Every LS I've ever parted with has left me asking myself "why?" Don't do it!

The time will come when one day I will move on from my LS - but I know, no other car will give the same true satisfaction that these cars have given.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, cruisermark said:

The time will come when one day I will move on from my LS - but I know, no other car will give the same true satisfaction that these cars have given.

That’s why I now have TWO ……… if heaven forfend one gets written -off I’ll hopefully still have the other 🤞

Shouldn't we all have 2 Ls’s’  🤣

Malc 

We don't all have space to park two LSes Malc, let alone a Honda Legend and whatever the Mrs drives. 🤣
I do have a garage, but that is full of motorcycles.

When I win the Lottery I'll have one of each. LS400 Mk1, Mk2, Mk3, Mk4, 01-03 LS430, and 04-06 LS430.
One for each day of the week and on Sundays they can all sit in a row while I admire someone else polishing them. 🤣

• Haha 1

I’m simply parked roadside ……. they enjoy Queenborough Town Quay sea-side and seagull poo …… it’s blissful to be sure 

Whenever I had houses with garages they never had a car in them …… they never had cars in 1650 when ancient history says my tiny cottagey house might have been “ created “ 

SORRY. I  DIGRESS 

Malc 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

I’m simply parked roadside ……. they enjoy Queenborough Town Quay sea-side and seagull poo …… it’s blissful to be sure 

Whenever I had houses with garages they never had a car in them …… they never had cars in 1650 when ancient history says my tiny cottagey house might have been “ created “ 

SORRY. I  DIGRESS 

Malc 

I was curious Malc. What did you use to build the cottage. 😁

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Boomer54 said:

I was curious Malc. What did you use to build the cottage. 😁

Timber timber more timber with timber cladding ……of more recent Canadian Larch that fell off a passing ship in about 1980 they tell me 🤔

then there’s some ancient local made bricks ( 1600’s too ) for the chimneys, fireplaces and a little for exterior lower walls 

Wonky’ish ancient house for sure ……. Like its present owner eh 😇

But in its halcyon days a fisherman’s cottage …… when Queenborough was a major harbour and oysters grew supreme too 🙃

Malc 

You're right encouraging me to digress 😂

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BMCWP said:

I'm veering towards "keep" at the moment to be fair - can't find anything remotely within my price range that offers so much. 

Methinks that’s very sensible …….

JPSavage, Jonathan on here had a Ls600 to good effect and a font of excellent knowledge if you were really to go down the Ls600 route 🤔

Keep at it but only jump when you’re 100% + certain of your ground !

Good luck

Malc 

43 minutes ago, Malc1 said:

Methinks that’s very sensible …….

JPSavage, Jonathan on here had a Ls600 to good effect and a font of excellent knowledge if you were really to go down the Ls600 route 🤔

Keep at it but only jump when you’re 100% + certain of your ground !

Good luck

Malc 

Its a question of logistics and maths (none of which I am very good at) Basically if I can sell my car and get an LS600H for about the same price then I would consider it - taking into account the condition of my own, and the fact it seems the LS430's are more sought after than the 600's I don't think its far away but.....  if none of those line up then I'm staying put. 

10 minutes ago, BMCWP said:

Its a question of logistics and maths (none of which I am very good at) Basically if I can sell my car and get an LS600H for about the same price then I would consider it - taking into account the condition of my own, and the fact it seems the LS430's are more sought after than the 600's I don't think its far away but.....  if none of those line up then I'm staying put. 

For me the move will be to electric. Our house is all electric, and we have a Battery on the wall, but in winter the heating drains it in no time. Once the V2H standard comes in (vehicle to home) I will have a car with a big Battery on the drive which can power the house while electricity is expensive and top up with solar or at cheap times.

In the meantime, I will carry on swanning about in my LS430.

All the best

Jon

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links