Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

New day, new car

microgerry

Well, I picked up my 02 silver car today. What a lovely drive home that was. Very pleased so far but it needs a damn good Gerry clean! The MR2 doesn't know it yet but he is getting sold in a couple of weeks now his big brother has arrived!

20240913_131001~2.jpg

20240913_130946~2.jpg

• Like 2

Did all these cars come with nav as standard? I ask because the vendor said everything was OK apart from the nav not working. Not an issue for me as I use my own with latest map data. I had a nosey in the boot to see if I could suss it out only to find this. Doesn't look the the dvd drive is fitted. I tried pulling the tab but to no avail. Is it a blanking cover?

I did intend to possibly fit a reverse camera mod

20240913_150420.jpg

21 minutes ago, microgerry said:

Doesn't look the the dvd drive is fitted. I tried pulling the tab but to no avail. Is it a blanking cover?

Nav was standard on all SCs in the UK - that plastic cover just needs to be pulled away to reveal the Nav DVD drive.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, microgerry said:

Did all these cars come with nav as standard? I ask because the vendor said everything was OK apart from the nav not working. Not an issue for me as I use my own with latest map data. I had a nosey in the boot to see if I could suss it out only to find this. Doesn't look the the dvd drive is fitted. I tried pulling the tab but to no avail. Is it a blanking cover?

I did intend to possibly fit a reverse camera mod

20240913_150420.jpg

What colin said.

You can get a reversing camera from SC430mods to connect your screen,dvd, reversing lights. In effect you will have to do noting in the cockpit/dashboard. Others here gave gone that route.

3 hours ago, ColinBarber said:

Nav was standard on all SCs in the UK - that plastic cover just needs to be pulled away to reveal the Nav DVD drive.

This is all I get when the cover is opened. Is it faulty, or missing the dvd? As I don't need it for nav, I can't seem to get it to display any info. Oh, and I got ****ted on my head by the boot lid. I suppose it needs new struts too?

20240913_204517.jpg

20240913_204532.jpg

1 hour ago, ColinBarber said:

Try ejecting the DVD and give it a clean if there is a dirty film on the surface, and possibly try a CD cleaning disc in case there is a dirty film covering the lens of the DVD drive.

I will give it a try but think if it was that easy then the previous owner would have tried it

Congratulations on your purchased, you’ll love every drive in the SC430 👍🏻

To be honest I wouldn’t spend any time on the satnav its next to useless when its working, and the youngest DVD update disc in a 2017. So would still be out of date.

Take the DVD disc out just to see  how old it is ,in the boot pull grey flap out, black switch left hand side ..slip it sideways and press…disc should come out .

A £20 max spend on a pirate copy  DVD sat/nav disc off eBay will let you know if it’s got any life left in the unit 👍🏻

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links