Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

Driver break suggestion - repeatedly

The driver break suggestion triggered on my LBX this week. I don’t think it was needed. The problem is that it was repeated every minute or less. I’m certain I was fully alert, not to say annoyed, after the first warning. On a busy rural Perthshire road there was nowhere to pull in, so the repeated warning on the HUD was quite distracting and unsafe. After 10 or 15 minutes I stopped in a village but the warning had come up 20 times or more.

Has anyone else had this problem? I don’t know if it was the road conditions repeatedly triggering an incorrect warning, or if I wasn’t cancelling it properly. The HUD showed a “return” symbol and mostly I pressed that one. It dismissed the warning but also changed the cruise control distance. I also tried pressing the function selector below, but that didn’t do any better.

3 hours ago, RobRob said:

or if I wasn’t cancelling it properly. The HUD showed a “return” symbol and mostly I pressed that one

image.thumb.png.4f1195991486bf19d5ccd00340797dc8.png

image.thumb.png.8bd1f874c9924873689a189a0521b469.png

The function sensitivity can be adjusted check in  the Customisation section of the handbook

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NemesisUK said:

The function sensitivity can be adjusted check in  the Customisation section of the handbook

It would be helpful to adjust sensitivity. Where did you see that? It isn't in my downloaded copy of the handbook, and I'm looking in the entry in the Customisation section.

Turning off the function wasn't saved when I tried it, and anyway I think it would be a useful warning if only it can be cancelled for a while. I see the manual doesn't say "This setting changes in accordance with My Settings" like it does for the Driver Monitor. I find the manual VERY hard work, and I'm someone with an IT background who reads manuals cover to cover. 

I did press the []] switch a couple of times and it didn't seem to help, but I can't be certain. Mostly I pressed the return key because that was shown in the HUD with the message and it seemed to work for 30s or so, even though the manual implies that only the (physical) return key on non-HUD vehicles works. It's hard to play with the system while driving in a queue of cars on a narrow road with oncoming traffic! Which is why this stuff should be intuitive :-(.

I'm still hoping someone here has had practical experience of the warning (good or bad) so that I know what to expect next time it happens.

Drove 240 miles taking my daughter to uni across Wales and didn’t come up once. Was driving for about 7 hours in total. Nice drive, car felt good and relaxing. It did ask me if I wanted to put my windows up at a higher speed though!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links