Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

• Join The Club

Join the Lexus Owners Club and be part of the Community. It's FREE!

TPMS light - light blinks on 20+min drives and then stays on

Hi Everyone

I've got a weird issue with my 2013 IS300H, after 20mins or so of driving, my TPMS light starts blinking and then stays on, the dealer has checked it out and could not find any issues with the sensors, I then left it for a year or so as Lexus suggested one may go wrong later on at which point I can replace.

A year later I was in Costco for something and they also checked all my TPMS sensors and could not find a issue with batteries etc, my car is due its MOT in a week and i'm worried if it comes on then they may fail it, has anyone had this issue before and have any ideas? Since its not playing up when I take it in its proving difficult to troubleshoot which one it could be..

Whenever i've check tyre pressures they seem fine so I'm not losing any air either.

Thanks 🙂

It is a tricky one to diagnose if the issue doesn't persist.

Could well be the 12v Battery contributing towards issues (low voltage) if it is slowly dying random electric gremlins. Or a Battery within the sensor itself. Just wait until it lights up permanently nothing to worry about if all 4 are holding pressure. Should be fine for MOT if the light remains off

• Like 1

5 hours ago, corpjones said:

Hi Everyone

I've got a weird issue with my 2013 IS300H, after 20mins or so of driving, my TPMS light starts blinking and then stays on, the dealer has checked it out and could not find any issues with the sensors, I then left it for a year or so as Lexus suggested one may go wrong later on at which point I can replace.

A year later I was in Costco for something and they also checked all my TPMS sensors and could not find a issue with batteries etc, my car is due its MOT in a week and i'm worried if it comes on then they may fail it, has anyone had this issue before and have any ideas? Since its not playing up when I take it in its proving difficult to troubleshoot which one it could be..

Whenever i've check tyre pressures they seem fine so I'm not losing any air either.

Thanks 🙂

There is a Possibility That you could have an Intermittant Sensor fault With One Or More Sensors Which would Explain The Blinking TPMS Warning Light Display...Its Nothing to do with your Tyre Pressure as you Rightly Say ..The other Check would be the Cells in your 12v Battery Perhaps one or more Could be causing a problem With Charge/voltage Incompetance But this Usually affects Other systems in The car....I Take it you had your Car at a lexus Dealership to Check This Problem..Was There any Error codes Come up Just out of interest Via the OBD Circuit Diagnosis... Can;t think of Anything else it Could be...!!!!!!

• Like 1

Thank you both for your reply, just to update everyone in case anyone gets the same issue, the dealer could not find anything wrong at the time, however a few weeks later the light came on permanently, took it to Costco and they changed my TPMS sensor for me and all appears ok so far, only been a couple of days but looks like its been fixed.

12v Battery was actually replaced a couple of years ago so wasnt suspecting that because of the age of it, as you guys have rightly suggested when it was on its way out I did get random warning lights so it was definitely worth checking.

With the age of the car the tpms batteries are probably getting to the end of their life. I changed mine when I had my IS wheels refurbed and new tyres fitted when it was 10 years old as I didn’t want to disturb the wheels again for a while, ended up changing my car a year later!

4 hours ago, corpjones said:

Thank you both for your reply, just to update everyone in case anyone gets the same issue, the dealer could not find anything wrong at the time, however a few weeks later the light came on permanently, took it to Costco and they changed my TPMS sensor for me and all appears ok so far, only been a couple of days but looks like its been fixed.

12v battery was actually replaced a couple of years ago so wasnt suspecting that because of the age of it, as you guys have rightly suggested when it was on its way out I did get random warning lights so it was definitely worth checking.

I Kind of Thought Mark That was Where the Fault Was ..After a Number of Years These Sensors For Whatever Reason Stop Working properly and TPMS Warnings start to flash...Absolutely delighted You Have this Resolved Nothing worse than Warnings lights Flashing up on the Dashboard....Cheers !!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links